credit cards i sweer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bluejays8, Jan 29, 2013.

1. bluejays8

bluejays8 Level 0 Character

i tryed to use my credit card to register for garycon. and it did not work. so you know what sucks by me waiting to pay to register i cant get into the games i want to play. so i get stuck not playing any thing. to play you need to register. :(

2. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

You can always play in pick-up games. I'm pretty sure you can register on site.

3. dramaman

dramaman Level 0 Character

Two years ago, I showed up not having registered for any games and found plenty of tables in which there was an extra seat. The con has obviously grown since then, but I should think you will find some good gaming opportunities.

4. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Many games have a no-show or two, so hang out near games you want to get in and you might get a seat. A few years back, I ran a D&D game and NONE of the players who signed up for the game showed up. By 10 minutes after start time, I had a full table of walk-ups, and we had a great time!

5. dlawson74

dlawson74 Level 0 Character

This has been par for the course for me as well. Two years ago I had all but two people blow off my Top Secret game, only to get three walk-ups asking if there was room. Last year I had everyone blow off my HackMaster game, only to get six new people show up asking to play. And I have seen GMs take on more than the amount of slots they planned on plenty of times.

In the end registration is really the right of first refusal, not an ironclad lockout of everyone else. If there is a game you absolutely want to get in, just walk up and ask the GM if there can be room for one more. Chances are good that you'll get in.