[ENnies] Is the ENnies a "d20-only" Award?

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by reveal, Apr 13, 2012.

1. reveal

reveal Chevalier

One of the complaints that I have heard from some publishers in the last few years is that they still thought of the ENnies as more of a "d20-only Award." Thinking about it, I delved into the numbers and came up with some interesting statistics concerning the last few years' nominees and winners. I'm posting them here so that if you have the same reaction as these publishers or hear from anyone who thinks the same way, you'll have some information at your disposal.

In 2009, there were 100 products nominated. Out of those, only 17 could be considered "d20" products. That's 17%.

In 2009, out of the 38 winning products, only 14 could be considered "d20" products. That's 37%.

In 2010, we added one new category and there were 105 products nominated. Out of those, only 22 could be considered "d20" products. That's 21%.

In 2010, out of the 40 winning products, only 16 could be considered "d20" products. That's 40%.

In 2011, we added one new category and there were 110 products nominated. Out of those, only 24 could be considered "d20" products. That's 22%.

In 2011, out of the 42 winning products, there were only 14 that could be considered "d20" products. That's 33%.

As you can see, there are many products represented by the ENnies, not just "d20" products. Hopefully, this will prove useful to you and assuage any fears you may have about the ENnies not trying to represent the entire RPG community. :)