Event Registration FAQ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donal, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donal

Donal Administrator

Alright, so based upon the preliminary event registrations that are rolling in, I want to be sure everyone understands the process as best as we can describe it, in order to avoid too many disappointments later. Therefore, I put together this brief FAQ regarding this process:

How many events will I get?
    If you are an Early Bird (i.e. registered by August 30, 2009) then you will receive up to 3 events. If you just pre-registered, then you will receive up to 2 events.

Does it matter how quickly I register for my events?
    No. As long as you register by midnight on February 28th, your request will receive the same priority as if you did it on the first day.

When will I get my badge and events?
    You will receive these when you arrive at the convention. We will be unable to ship these prior and unable to notify you regarding which events you are registered for.

Can I change my mind? That is, can I register again to change my selections?
    Yes, you can register for events as many times as you like. However, only the last (most recent) one will be used.

Why are there 5 event choices in the registration screen when I can only get 3 (or 2)?
    The additional events are your alternate choices. It is very unlikely you will get all 3 (or 2) of your primary selections. Please anticipate that the popular events (those run by our special guests) will likely fill up very quickly, so if all 5 of your choices are popular events, you may be left empty handed. We strongly suggest that you take a good look at your alternate events and select events not run by our special guests as we anticipate those will fill very quickly.

What does "Do Not Substitute" mean?
    If you select this box, it means that you are only interested in the events you have specified and do not want us to provide you with alternate events if some of all of your selections are unavailable. By selecting this box, you may put yourself in a position in which you receive less events than the 3 (or 2) you are entitled to.

I really want to play in an event with my friend (wife/girlfriend), how do I make it happen? Can I get two slots in the same event if I request it?
    You can't, unfortunately, as you can only register for a single slot in any given event per account. Your best bet is to both select the same event and preferably to select an event that you feel won't be highly requested.

How do you determine which events we receive? Isn't there some priority ranking or formula?
    There is a formula, but it's top secret so we would have to kill you if we told. But what we can tell you is that the earlier you registered for your badge the better. If you are a DM, that's a plus. And finally, the most effective manner, is by bribing Luke (his PayPal email is easily found).

I put some comments on my event registration regarding specific substitutions I may need depending on my circumstances, does this help?
    Unfortunately, no. The comments field was added primarily to allow those who purchased multiple badges to help us distinguish between them during this process, or to correct badge names and spellings if they are different. Given that we will have over 150 pre-registered players and over 500 event slots to distribute, we don't really have the available additional hours to consider individual requests in this manner. The process ultimately is rather structured and just a small programming job away from being fully automated.

What happens if I change my mind about an event I've registered for?
    In this case, we only request that you let us know this as soon as possible so we can find an alternate player for your event. If you would like to give your ticket to a friend, that's fine too.

How will on-site event registration work?
    We're still working on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.