Extra Life

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Scott308, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

Extra Life is a charity that raises money for children's hospitals throughout the US and Canada. They do this by having gamers play the games they love- board games, video games, pencil and paper RPGs, or other games- in order to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network. Each year, there is a dedicated Game Day when many people play in dedicated games for the charity. This year, the date is November 3, which is coming up soon. I, along with forty-some other gamers will be playing Dungeon of the Mad Mage, the new hardcover adventure for D&D 5e from Wizards of the Coast. We are planning on playing a 24 hour marathon game- 25 hours actually, because the clocks roll back during our event. Our group did this last year for the first time, and all five tables were successful in getting everyone to complete the challenge, raising over $11,000 for local hospitals! This year we will have six, possibly seven, tables and hopefully blow last year's total away, but we can't do that without the help of friends and family- people like you. This brings me to the reason I am posting this today. Some of you may have seen my post in the Facebook group, but I know not everyone uses that outlet. As a player, I have a fundraising page set up to accept donations to Extra Life. I would appreciate it if you could spare a moment to look at my page, maybe learn a bit more about Extra Life and the Children's Miracle Network hospitals. No donation is too small, and they add up quickly. If everyone that sees this were to donate just $1, we could raise a lot more money to help sick children.

Thank you,
    Scott Peterson
    https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott-Peterson-2018

dndgeek likes this.