Flights?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blackmote, Oct 6, 2011.

1. blackmote

blackmote Footpad

so... having booked my room at the Lodge I now need some info from those who have traveled by air to GaryCon the past 3 years... would it be best to fly into Milwaukee and drive over? Are there any shuttle services from the Milwaukee airport to Lake Geneva? Would there be a kind soul who might give a lift to a fellow old school gamer or else share the expense of a rental car for the weekend?

any advice would be welcomed. :)

2. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Milwaukee (General Mitchell Intl) is the closest major airport and should be more convenient than O'hare.

3. Dale

Dale Administrator

We are working with the Lodge to arrange shuttle pick-ups & drop-offs. More will be announced after everything is arranged.

Just keep this between us. ;)

4. blackmote

blackmote Footpad

"Your secret is safe with me..."

says Bondina Trace, halfling swindler.

;)

5. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

I flew into Milwaukee, rented a car and drove over. Worked out fine and it was nice to have a car on hand.

6. blackmote

blackmote Footpad

Flights booked and confirmed:

Thursday, March 22, 2012
    Flight 434 [Non-Stop]
    Departing Atlanta, GA (ATL) at 08:45 AM
    Arriving Milwaukee, WI (MKE) at 09:44 AM
    Sunday, March 25, 2012
    Flight 437 [Non-Stop]
    Departing Milwaukee, WI (MKE) at 02:06 PM
    Arriving Atlanta, GA (ATL) at 05:07 PM

:D

now I have no choice but to register for my 4-day badge. hah hah.

I'll be arriving at the Milwaukee airport about 6 hours before the 4PM shuttle. Will there be any earlier shuttles scheduled? Seems weird there are no earlier shuttles being that is the first full day of the Con. *shrug*

Of course I'd gladly help with gas money for anyone arriving and renting a car from the airport in that 10AM-12PM time frame.

The return trip to the airport I managed to schedule in a timely manner by using the 11AM scheduled shuttle. No worries there.

7. Donal

Donal Administrator

Perhaps this is a good time to mention the shuttles.

The shuttles are new this year, and we're not really sure what the interest will be. We're willing to schedule or re-schedule any shuttle to accommodate our attendees.

One caveat, however, is that our shuttles are only guaranteed if we have 5 confirmed reservations by January 31st, 2012. Gary Con is helping to subsidize the cost of these shuttles (which is why the cost is so low at $15), so we need to be sure there is really a need for one at a particular time.

Looks like one vote for a 11am/Noon shuttle on Thursday. Perhaps another thread will be useful in tracking interest.

8. blackmote

blackmote Footpad

ah ok, the reason I mentioned an earlier shuttle on Thursday is because the convention officially kicks off at Noon that day, correct? This is one reason I timed my flight to arrive at 10AM in order to give me plenty of time to get to the Lodge by the time the festivities begin.

I may be wrong, but I'm figuring many other attendees may be flying in that morning as well. Why make them wait for a 4PM shuttle? *shrug* Just sayin'. :)

I mean, worse case scenario I can rent a car. I have no issues with that personally. But I'd rather save the $60-$75 to spend at the convention itself (hoping vendors will be on site).

9. Donal

Donal Administrator

All Scheduled Events begin at Noon on Thursday. Open gaming and Badge registration will open at 9am.

10. clangador

clangador Footpad

This will be my first year at Garycon. I wanted to come last year, but my work schedule wouldn't permitt it. I would be very interested in a shuttle.