Gaming Table--The Emissary

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by wcw43921, Mar 17, 2010.

1. wcw43921

wcw43921 Footpad

The Emissary

Looks really nice--pricey, I'll admit, but really nice. What introduced me to it was today's PVP--which I think is quite funny, as I find PVP to be most of the time.

2. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

If I had the money and a place to put it! I'm hoping for room for a table in my next place, but I'm having a bear of a time finding players in the hills this close to Yosemite! :(

3. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Oh my! These WILL be gracing my new home in the near future! Thanks for the heads up wcw43921.

...and LOL at PVP!

4. kersus

kersus Footpad

Very cool. If I had the room. Hopefully for my next place.

5. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

The Emissary is very nice, but my first love is The Sultan. They had an wicked-cool table with built-in touch-screen LCD at Gen Con this year.

My wife wants to buy me one for my gaming area. I want to let her.

The only question is which model? We don't really need another dining room table (which The Emissary can double as), so some more purpose-built like The Sultan might be more what I need.

By the way, according to the guys at Gen Con, they're about a year behind updating their website, so a lot of people thing their company is dying. Quite the contrary; they're so busy, they haven't had time to keep up with the website. They have a 6-month turn around time on their tables, and are so inundated with orders, they're struggling to keep the turn around time that low.

6. javier

javier Level 0 Character

I agree entirely. Just love at first sight. However, the emissary is working it's way in. I like it more and more the more I look at it.

7. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

We ended up putting the downpayment on a Spartan (Fellowship style) at Gen Con Thursday...or was it Friday? Don't remember. Doesn't matter. Now I just have to wait and it WILL BE MINE.

8. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Congrats. These tables are all pretty darn cool.

9. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

The new one with the 52" (thereabouts) touch-screen LCD in it that would track your minis if you had a Q2 code on the base was pretty awesome. $14,000 awesome (hopefully it came with Fantasy Grounds software at that price). That's half again as much as my car cost.

10. a flannel shirt

a flannel shirt Footpad

Guy in my group is good with woodworking and was going to start making tables. But luck was with him and he got a job so his free time to make tables is almost non existent.

However, you can always read our discussion about it:

http://jolietgaming.proboards.com/index ... d=cgtables