GaryCon wish list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by silas, Sep 6, 2012.

1. silas

silas Chevalier

OK, here are the games I would like to PLAY (not run) at GaryCon V

1. Vampire the Requiem: I have never played this but have always wanted to. It would be cool for a late night session, or maybe in the restaurant or bar at the lodge. So if anyone is running it, count me in.

2. Gangbusters

3. DC Heroes

4. Serenity (I have played this the last 2 GaryCons and had a blast)

5. Hollow Earth

2. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

How fortuitous. I was considering running a Hollow Earth Expeditions game (I assume you meant that and not the D&D Setting Hollow Earth), but trying to decide how much it would cut into my DGS games.

3. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Let's see:

Leverage -- Been wanting to play this, and the idea of a "caper" RPG fascinates me.

Villains and Vigilantes -- Love this old school supers game.

Chill (first edition) -- Pacesetter Action Table for the win!

Tales From the Floating Vagabond -- Avalon Hill's "Bar Where Anything Can Happen" RPG is always good for a laugh.

Fiasco -- See "Leverage" above, but everything goes horribly wrong in this game. heard good things about it.

And in the bar afterhours, I'd love to see games of Cards Against Humanity, Are You A Werewolf?, Drinking Quest, and Illuminati. (Fnord.)

4. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I'd love to play some Eclipse Phase, and some OD&D with diaglo :D

5. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Which one? The original or the CCG?

6. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

There was a CCG? Ugh, nope, I'm looking at good ol' regular Illuminati. Although I prefer the Deluxe Edition with the bigger cards and the plastic chips for Megabucks. Though if someone has the original Illuminati, that'd be great for that true Old School feel!

7. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I can say with a great deal of certainty that midnight "Are You A Werewolf?" in the bar and/or open gaming area would be an excellent idea. My friend, Redd, who has come with me a few times is an excellent facilitator for the game and plays it like a BOSS. So, I will try and get him to sign up on these boards and see if I can get him in some discussion about running an actual game.

8. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Amen! I say we start to harass him relentlessly to run a game for a few of us...off grid, of course!

9. osarious

osarious Chevalier

I can bring my "pocket-box" version with all three expansions if there is interest.

10. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Oh, now THAT'S old school! Sign me up for pocket-box Illuminati!

11. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Good plan!

12. ogrevampire

ogrevampire Level 0 Character

I will be running a Gangbusters game if there is interest.

13. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Interest!! Interest!!!

14. bbarsh

bbarsh Level 0 Character

So long as I make it this year, I will run a Chill game (Pacesetter version). Time TBA.

15. Chuck

Chuck Level 0 Character

I really enjoy fiasco whit h means I should look at running an event

16. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Gangbusters rocks! I've ran it at Gary Con in the past and it is always a good time. :)

17. MonsterMike

MonsterMike Level 0 Character

My wish list to play:

Call of Cthulhu (BRP)
    Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Ed.
    Diaspora
    Traveller
    Shadowrun 4th Ed.
    Trail of Cthulhu
    Apocalypse World
    Spirit of the Century

I'm running Gamma World and Savage Worlds, and I may bring Cosmic Patrol and Fiasco for a pickup game.

18. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I would like to try Call of Cthulhu. I've never played and I've never been able to figure out how it would make for a good gaming experience. I am clearly missing something.

19. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

You might try this one out, which I will be running Saturday at 4PM

The Whitechapel Horrors, 5th Edition Call of Cthulhu

"Fear stalks the streets of London's impoverished Whitechapel District as ladies of the night are found butchered by a faceless menace known only as the "Ripper". A frustrated Scotland Yard, finding itself at an impasse to end the murders, now sends out a plea to the world's greatest investigators to assist them in bringing an end to the sinister Whitechapel horrors.

This event will also be using material from Pagan Publishing's, The Golden Dawn.

20. CKDad

CKDad Level 0 Character

Along with shepherding the Castles & Crusades tournament, I'm planning to run the old TSR boardgame "Divine Right" on Friday, and a Traveller game (probably Mongoose Traveller) on Sunday.