Heads-up on my game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kaskoid, Mar 15, 2010.

1. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

If you sign up for one of my adventures, one of you should come find me 45 or 30 minutes prior to start. This will enable you to select pre-gens, spells and the like. More importantly, it will give you time to discuss SOPs (Stan. Oper. Proc.'s). Establishing these at the beginning will give us at least 45 more minutes of actual playing time. Trust me on this or ask any that have played in my adventures before. I'll have notes and suggestions for you.

2. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

Thought I'd share this with you... (It is my dedication in the adventure I printed up)

One of his quotes that Gary was most fond of concerned his wish to be remembered as just a guy that loved to play games.

Some of us wear that on our backs; all of us that attend this celebration of his life and legacy live that philosophy-- we are The Band of Gamers. Gary was the merry spirit that guided so many of us in so many different ways; this weekend we are, all of us, Gary's Band of Gamers.

We gather this weekend to remember the man, share reminiscences, and do what he most loved doing--play games.

Another of his often quoted opinions was that DMs rolled dice primarily because they liked the sound. Only another DM that liked that sound would know that.

This weekend, we are making lots of dice-noise and you just know he is grinning under all that hair...

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

" Gary's Band of Gamers" :?:

I like that :!:

Well said, Kaskoid. :D

4. Dale

Dale Administrator

I agree completely. One man has bound us all together.

And, this weekend we gather with those who shared his vision and helped create the games we love to play.

It is almost time...

5. francisca

francisca Troubadour

:D

This makes me really happy.

6. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Well said Tim. I am really looking forward to celebrating with all of you this weekend.