Jousting Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mordrin, Jan 12, 2011.

1. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

The Pre-Reg entry mentions advancement rounds on Saturday and Sunday. If people want to participate in the Joust, are there Saturday and Sunday slots that need to be left open? Is it so quick that it will get squeezed in the ½ hrs between events somewhere?

When you do the walk-up play on Friday, do you compete just once or multiple times? Does more playing increase chances to advance? How long should we expect one tilt to take?

2. mordrin

Anybody seen Paul?

3. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

I've seen his name online. Maybe he didn't notice the thread. Maybe PM him with a link.

4. mordrin

Tried - no answer.

One last bump...

5. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Howdy mordrin.

Are you a member of DF? If so, you might want to PM him there. He goes there more than here.

If not, I think I have Paul's email addy somewhere. I'll check and get back.

Your questions are very pertinent, IMO.

:)

6. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

I sent him an email, so hopefully he'll stop by!

:D

7. paul j. stormberg

paul j. stormberg Chevalier

Hello,

Sorry but I have been away from this site for awhile. I bought a new computer and lost all of my bookmarks and passwords. I just haven't gotten around to restoring all of my old haunts.

Yes, it is quick and should happen between events, the idea is that you don't have to register, just walk up on Friday, challenge someone to a joust, follow the instructions at the table, run the joust, record the result in a book at the table. The results will be scored to determine the overall winner (by scoring) for each color or knight - there will be four. A black knight will also be determined from the Old Guard.

Saturday morning there will be a jousting bracket for the four color-knights and then, Saturday afternoon/early evening, a final joust between the black knight and the triumphant color-knight. The winner is made tournament champion and has their name engraved on the trophy helm.

You just compete once. A tilt takes about 5-10 minutes to resolve depending on the number of insults hurled between opponents. :p

Futures Bright,

Paul

8. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

That sounds like a lot of fun.

9. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Excellent, Paul!!

Thanks for stopping by.

See ya in 2 weeks +1 day

[​IMG]

:)