Lake Geneva Activities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smokin, Feb 4, 2011.

1. smokin

smokin Chevalier

I've been warned by some that there is a slight vacuum regarding out-of-con activities. Reading these forums I have learned of the pizza bar. I have been to the Safehouse in Milwuakee. From the web I have learned of the hotels spa (is that up?). Another LG site says cool shopping downtown....anything else for nongamers (my wife and her sister) to do while I am busy bashing stuff?
    Anyone else bringing nongamers with them?, Maybe we can throw them on a bus or something. (did I say that out loud?)

2. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I'm not from there but I was at GC II last year. You can waste an entire day just driving around the lake and seeing the sights. There are some spectacular houses around the lake, the scenery is really nice, especially from LG. The shopping district is a little small, but I see no reason why some carefree, credit-card weilding individuals couldn't spend many hours racking up the debt.

3. bighara

bighara Chevalier

I certainly HOPE the spa is up. That was a selling point for the Mrs! :)

Anyway, their website is up with lists of available services, etc.

4. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

There's always something to do around the area. Within 10 minutes of the hotel we have many smaller towns. Delavan, Elkhorn, Williams Bay & Fontana are the closest. They offer a variety of things from small town theatre to shopping to quaint eateries to The Sugar Shack, which has exotic dancers for either sex. ;) Walworth County pretty much offers everything you can find in the big cities, just gotta have the wheels, & directions, to get there. You should be able to check with the Chamber of Commerce of the towns I've listed above to see what they have to offer.

5. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

Last year me and Gianfranco asked some info at the little office next to the bridge along the lake shore, next to the bridge on the opposite side of the Riviera, they have been kind and really helpful, I'll bring back the maps they gave us to see the Lake Geneva area if Nick agree and if Bryan will be not available as a guide (last year I really enjoyed).
    Still looking for new ideas for things to do there.

6. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Last year Redd and I checked out a restaurant called Medusa and found the food to be excellent. They also had some Greek imported beer which is pretty good. This year I'm making sure to take my wife to the restaurant because it just has a really great atmosphere.

The only other activity I might look at would be attending an early morning church service in the area. I'm going to look up area churches and see what the earliest service I might be able to find. Of course, that all depends on Saturday night activities and how late we stay up. I've got to make sure I get enough sleep for the drive back on Sunday!