Legend of the Seeker (TV series)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Totan, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Seriously, if you have this sort of reaction, you should consider reading Joseph Campbell's "Masks of God" series.

2. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

I learned at Dragon Con that season 3 of Legend of the Seeker is on indefinite hold and could be canceled. This is allegedly because Tribune/WGN could not afford it due to money trouble and SciFi (and others) said that Disney wanted too much money for it.

If you plan to buy Season 1 and/or 2 (which gets released at the end of the month) on DVD and/or any of the books consider doing so through http://www.saveourseeker.com/store.html which gets a commission that they will use to support the movement to get someone to pick it back up.

3. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Given the fight they just had with Time Warner, I'm not surprised that Disney's taking this route. They were threatening to pull all of their programming, to include ESPN, from Time Warner's cable system if their higher price demands for the privilege of carrying their channels wasn't met.

4. Rex

Rex Footpad

Hmm, shame. While I wasn't really happy with the directions they went with on the show and thus never gave it more then a couple of episodes of time, I hate to see shows like this crash and burn.

~Rex