Mismatch between Event Times and "My Schedule"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DJCheshireCat, Jan 4, 2017.

1. DJCheshireCat

DJCheshireCat Level 0 Character

I would not call this a critical issue, and perhaps it has previously been reported, but there is a time mismatch in various views in Table Top Events.

If you go to Attend > My Schedule, you'll see a calendar which has time offset of an hour:
    calendar.png
    Underneath it, the events are listed correctly
    myevents.JPG

2. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

I had something similar, Bryan. Skip will work it out.

3. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

Yeah, I have the same thing showing on mine, off by an hour. Cast summon @Skip !

dndgeek likes this.
  4. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Mine are showing in the correct time. A fix might screw my scehdule up.

5. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

@stahlnee what time zone are you in? The csv file from the TTE page and the one I created myself all have start times that look to be in UTC but only if the con is in EST and not CST. EST is UTC-5 while CST is UTC-6. However, there is another field in the csv with the correct day (thurs/fri/sat/sun and not date).

My Schedule also has the start times for the events I'm running off by an hour.

6. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

@gizmo. On Texas time.

The csv you linked to show the proper Texas time for the start of my events.

The TTE page lists the proper Texas time for the start of my events under Find Events.

The TTE page lists the proper Texas time for my events under My Schedule.

All the times are sync'ed and correct. Any changes has the chance to screw this up.

Have said that, the link on the TTE website to get a csv file does not list the times correctly.

It list an 8am event time as 2017-03-23T13:00:00

7. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

I checked and DST starts March 12th.

So, that makes CDT, UTC-5.

I think that is the reason when I look at "My Schedule" it shows things an hour off. They are being shown in EDT (for me and my time zone).

So, things aren't showing up wrong, just adjusted to whatever timezone your browser is set to use.

I just didn't realize, or just plain forgot, how early DST starts.

8. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

Yes, we will be in Daylight savings time at Gary Con. When we scheduled events we were using local time (CDT) for each day. We had a similar issue last year, and things reverted to the correct time without too much pain.

dndgeek likes this.