Mounting Pitons To Hold the Grill: What it ISN'T, and What it IS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tim Neppel, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Tim Neppel

Tim Neppel Level 0 Character

GREETINGS, GaryConners! I... am an Enchanter. There are some who call me... Tim?

I've got an event for GaryCon submitted called Mounting Pitons to Hold the Grill. It is a "mobile-RPG" or mini-LARP, that recreates many of the iconic scenes from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I have previously posted in the GaryCon Facebook group about this upcoming event, but I perhaps did not properly convey the scope and focus of this "mini-LARP" that caused some to believe that this would be a source of disruption and/or distraction from their own scheduled games. I am posting here some lists of what it IS NOT, and what it IS, to help people understand it better. If there are any other questions or concerns, feel free to ask me them here and I will try and answer them as quickly as I can.

MPTHG... what it ISN'T:
    1. A mass of humanity
    2. Players and spectators disrupting game rooms
    3. Live-action boffer combat
    4. A complicated and intricate recreation of the movie where you have to know it by heart

MPTHG... what it IS instead:
    1. A small group of players (5) with perhaps an equally small amount of spectators
    2. Excepting the starting location, the event can be run almost entirely in hallways, walkways, stairways, etc
    3. NO physical combat, all combat is via dice rolls.
    4. A silly LOW BUDGET scripted journey across much of the con floor with room for ad-libbing, but captures the essence of Monty Python while still giving the feeling of adventure!
    If the event sounds interesting but you are not quite sure... I suggest you check out my "Bridge of Death Trivia" event. It is a mini-game pulled from the larger Mounting Pitons event. It only takes 5 minutes, and I believe will be setup in the forum Lobby area. It will give you a small taste of what the larger event will be about... plus, you can win yourself a PRIZE!

See you at GaryCon X!

2. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Here's an idea - limit all of your pseduo-LARP activities to the lowest levels...

3. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

KILLER would love this to happen.