My Thursday Events Canceled

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by red wizard, Feb 2, 2013.

1. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Hey all, I just received a promotion to a new engineering position within my company that begins March 1st. Therefore, while I hate to do this, it appears I must cancel my two events, Denizons of the Iron Tower and Five Deadly Masters that were scheduled for Thursday. I will still make it to Gary Con Thursday night, so no other events I am running should be impacted. I apologize to all who registered for these events and I am willing to run them for free (as pick-up games) at a later date during the convention for those people who bought tickets.

Again, my apologies

2. Raic

Raic Level 0 Character

Dang - sorry to hear that Red Wizard - I was all set up to play in the Five Deadly Masters. You will definitely have to run it sometime at the Con or at one of our local sessions at Games Plus - either way, as a GM, you know you can run, but you cannot hide - :)

3. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Thanks Raic. Yup, I had a slightly mixed reaction to the promotion. It's nice as my current group is being outsourced next month, and that has had me somewhat stressed as I raced around interviewing. But it sucks that the new job starts only a couple of weeks before Gary Con, as it is usually not advisable to ask for vacation time right after one starts a new job. ;)

4. Raic

Raic Level 0 Character

Lol – I was so intent upon my gaming self-preservation that I forgot to say – congrats on the promotion!

5. deathsdj

deathsdj Level 0 Character

Indeed! Congratulations!

Cheers!

MJW

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

Congrats! :)

7. ThrashLibrarian

ThrashLibrarian Level 0 Character

Congrats!

I'd still like to play the 5 Deadly Masters game later in the Con. I have a big block of time Friday afternoon and I'm free all day Sunday, if either of those strike your fancy? :D

8. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Sunday works for me. And thanks both for your congratulations and for your understanding. Sunday works well for me, I am in Frank's Ticket to Ride game Sunday morning but free afterwards. :)

9. ThrashLibrarian

ThrashLibrarian Level 0 Character

Any more details on whether is going to happen Sunday afternoon? Ideas for meetup location?