OD&D Tegel Manor anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dekelia, Jan 4, 2012.

1. dekelia

dekelia Level 0 Character

I'm thinking of running an OD&D Tegel Manor game and am just looking to gauge interest. I have a big 3'x5' printout of the map (with secrets removed) that I'll lay out on the table as the player's map. The plan is to run it as an on-going campaign if it goes well. Mark up the map during play and continue from year to year. I'd keep a journal for the players next year to see what this years player's did to build on it. Taking advantage of OD&D's simplicity, I'd allow going back to town between forays and award xp. Some characters could level up.

Would anyone be interested?

Kevin

2. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

Definitely interested! I don't know when you'd run it, but if I can make it fit between running Early Bird games, defending my Circvs Maximvs title and so forth, why, count me in! :cool:

3. greywolf

greywolf Level 0 Character

That sounds fun!

Would you have pre-gens or have players make a character on the spot or in advance?

4. dekelia

I'll bring pre-gens to speed up the start but I'd consider letting someone roll their own. Characters will be between level 1-6 (I'll roll the xp randomly) and have one magic item rolled randomly from the charts. The characters will not be even but I'm hoping people will take weaker characters as a challenge and not be annoyed by it. I've done this before and it worked out well. We had a 6th level cleric, a 1st level fighter, and the rest were 3 or 4. The random magic item gets interesting too.

5. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Something I would definitely do if the timing works out right.

6. silas

silas Chevalier

If I am available during the timeslot, count me in for sure!

7. blackmote

blackmote Footpad

quoting everyone else here, but yeah, if the timing is right count me in! :)

I never had the opportunity to play this classic 'back in the day'. It would be awesome after nearly 30 years to be able to state proudly that my character DIED in Tegel Manor.

heh heh

8. dekelia

Ok, I submitted the event for Thursday at 2:00 PM.