Open Gaming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rex, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Rex

Rex Footpad

Dare we ask, shall there be room for some serious Iron Man Rules game till you pass out Open Gaming?

Suppose we could play in the hall if such action broke out, but that could get crowded real quick, heh.

~Rex....

2. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Hey Rex,

I am not familiar with that game. If it doesn't require excessive space, create a disruptions for other gamers and it is not LARPing- I don't see a problem.

3. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Will there be an open gaming room like last time? I have to have a place to beat folks at games I've never played before...

4. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

The plan is roughly the same. An open gaming area, an event area and the Virtual Porch for featured events.

5. Rex

Rex Footpad

Awesome to hear. The Open gaming area was one of the things I really liked about the con last year. Got to meet and greet with a lot of cool people and it was a blast to just run/play stuff at random.

Knowing my luck I'll miss out on the big V+V event so, giant open gaming area, big plus for extra game action. Iron Man Rules not a game system btw, just a game style. Play til you pass out, bad things happen to the losers, such as being autographed by the entire Con. BYOB.

~Rex

6. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Yeah, Rex, that's the spirit! The open gaming room had plenty of space last year and featured several on going games. And my friend Jimmy passed out around 1am in the middle of a pick up game so no worries there! :D

7. Rex

Rex Footpad

Bringing a pile of stuff to run/play, even though I recently flushed out everything but my Super Hero games and a few odds and ends that seem to all be related to either Sci Fi, or Cthulu, or both, heh. Sounds like it will be a great time again like it was last year.

Always need more great times. :D

~Rex...any genre anytime anywhere.

8. smokin

smokin Chevalier

To anyone bringing games to run during open gaming. Would it be smart to brng any of our own favorite chartacters? Just a thought. Not saying I have any but ya never know.

9. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I don't usually let people play with homemade characters, for what I think are obvious reasons. Time permitting, I allow players to roll up a character or choose from a set of pre-gens.

10. mark

mark Spellbinder

I plan to bust out the Kingmaker game in the open gaming area on Friday from 3pm to 7pm(-ish) if anyone is interested. I can bring a couple of copies of the game if there is enough interest.

11. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Well, mama, (Mrs. Keeper), just surprized me today. :eek: She is going to try & set up resevations tomorrow for a room for Friday & Saturday nite at the hotel. This way I don't have to drag all my 'goodies' in & out of the homestead everyday. I'll just have to drag 'em outta the car, once, to the room & then down the hall to the convention. (To easy.) We will be able to relax more knowing our sleeping quarters are just down the hall. :D She also wants to grab some 'pool time' to do some cardio vascular exercise, low stress.
    No one here, on the forums, knows this but Mama tried to 'punch her ticket' in January. (She went & had a second heart attack on me.) I have explained to her BEFORE that trying to take the "cowards way out" just doesn't work with me, as I dialed 911. She's stuck with me FOREVER, & that's a mighty long time, & she's NOT ALLOWED to go ANYWHERE with out ME!!
    Now that she fully understands this, she is trying to make life a little less stressful for both of us, hence the reservation.
    So, when you see her at Garycon 3 give her a hug, don't let me scare ya, & tell her you're glad she could make it, (OH!! And also congradulate her for not picking up a cigarette for nearly three months! She quit 'cold turkey!' Me? I'm still smokin' like a chimney), & that as long as there's a Garycon she must attend! No excuses!

12. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

13. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

Ok.

14. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Just a hug?! I might even give her a kiss! :) Of course, that could raise her blood pressure considering my impressive animal magnetism. Perhaps a hug is all it should be, for safety reasons. ;) I'm glad she decided to stick around a while longer. I look forward to seeing you two in a couple of weeks.

15. osarious

osarious Chevalier

I may give it a try again. I played last year; and my first combat killed ALL OF MY NOBLES on the combat results draw. Crippled me for the rest of the game. :evil:

16. smokin

smokin Chevalier

You all (well, six of you ) are in for a real treat. While I was gathering up all the stuff I want to have the special guests autogragh for me, I found an old obscure module.
    "His Majesty's Retainers" by Kim and Pete Winz.
    I absolutely loved this one round module. I'm off to refresh myself to it.

Here's the blurb: "There have never been royal retainers like you before. The kingdom would be very surprised to learn of your existence. But no one could be more loyal. You will rescue your liege from whatever danger has befallen him, no matter what difficulties your status might bring. A roleplaying-intensive adventure with interesting and unusual characters of fifth level."

And I didn't think I could be more excited than I already was. I was wrong.

17. gamer-greg

gamer-greg Level 0 Character

:idea: Is anyone planing on playing Classic Traveller? I am not an experienced GM for this game but I could bring it with the hopes that someone would run one of the adventures? Research Station Gamma anyone?
    I think this game qualifies since it is from the same era as the other TSR games.

18. Dale

Dale Administrator

I would bring it. There is always room for Traveler. :D