Question about registration--now what?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by silas, Aug 18, 2009.

1. silas

silas Chevalier

I registered for the con--paid my fee. Got a receipt.

Now what? Do we get badges? A letter?

Is there a way to make sure we are fully registered and ready to go?

2. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Hold on to your receipt! I imagine badges will be handed out when you arrive at the Con. They should have a complete listing of all who pre-regs. You will probably receive an e-mail confirming your registration after pre-reg closes on August 30th. Don't worry, I'am a witness. :lol: (Jump in here anytime Dale......)

3. Dale

Dale Administrator

The Keeper is pretty much on point.

In the discussions with Luke- there was no mention of any type of mailing out the badges. You get to see me at the door and I'll give it to you then. Don't worry- I've got a list and I'm checking it twice...

Luke has been working hard on getting the initial game slots created for those of you that do the early-bird registration will have first dibs on signing up to play with some of the game legends (plus, we are hoping for some cool swag- but don't quote me).

And, to those that register after August 31st- you too will have the chance as well to play games with the "old guard." Don't forget- there is a limit to the number of people that can attend (due to facility space limitations). Good thing Luke found a bigger (and 24 hour gaming) location for us!

Thanks Silas (and to everyone else) for signing up early and making sure you have a spot in the gathering. See you in March!

4. pana

pana Level 0 Character

What about volunteers, My wife Likes to come to cons but she isnt a gamer. She does however like to help out. She was asking what volunteers would be needed for this event.

5. Dale

Dale Administrator

There is always something that could be done. I'm sure if she wanted to jump in & help out there would be a place for her. It won't be as crazy as last year since there will be no food being prepared by "us." It will be done by the hotel staff. The price of needing a larger venue.

6. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Well, I'm officially pre-registered, will there be instructions sent out regarding the official submition of events? I know the DGS (to which both Silas and I belong) are eager to run some old school games. And just maybe (dare we hope), some of those individuals who conceived these games being run will sit at our table, character sheet in hand! :shock:

7. Donal

Donal Administrator

Event submission will go live in another week or two, so stay tuned.

During event registration, you'll be able to check a box marking your registration status (or at least what you think it is). This will be our chance to insure that your records match ours.

At some point in the future, when you log on to the main site, you'll be able to see your status. Just give us a little time.

8. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

WAY COOL!!!!! :D

9. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Thanks to Dale and chris for fielding these questions. They are spot on. Gary Con II is much more organized (and more work!) than Gary Con I. My intent is to provide enough structure to allow people to select cool events they want to play in (maximize fun) while maintaining the feeling of community and comeradie that makes Gary Con special.

Chris is working diligently to set up an event submission on the Gary Con webpage. I ask for your patience and understanding on these matters. Gary Con is a labor of love and I hope that Chris and Dale love doing it- cuz that warm feeling they get inside is the only payment I can give them :lol:

10. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Three cheers for Chris & Dale.... WHOOORAH! WHOOORAH!! WHOOORAHHH!!!

11. Donal

Donal Administrator

Come again? You mean we're not getting paid? Does this mean the dancing girls were yet another promise, err lie, you told us?

I think tonight's upgrade might require rebooting the server. Don't worry, I'm sure the website and forums will be back up and running again shortly! ;)

12. iddig ap nil

iddig ap nil Level 0 Character

I had a quick question, I was trying to register my wife and I both, but I didn't see a place for the number of registrations...Do I have to register again for the second person?

13. Dale

Dale Administrator

Yes, the system is setup that you need to register for each person. Not trying to be a pain- but it's currently how the registration is done. Trust me- I've got +2 that I am in control of. Maybe next year we can have the +1 or +2's under the one account with the ability to list the person that you registered.

Thanks for supporting GC, and we'll see you in March!

14. Dale

Dale Administrator

What! We are not getting PAID! And, no Cabana girls either?

That's it- our friendship is done & I'm doubling the Bounty on you for the Circus Maximus. I demand your head on a stick. ;)

15. iddig ap nil

iddig ap nil Level 0 Character

Thanks! It's not a problem, I'll sign the wife up tonight then! I just wanted to double check and be sure. :)