Rooms selling fast....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Melf, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I talked to the Lodge today. Looks like there are about 45 rooms left for Thursday through Saturday. If you want to stay on site I encourage you to make reservations sooner rather than later. We'll look at satellite hotels to accomodate overflow if needed.

2. francisca

francisca Troubadour

I never got me e-mail confirmation so I just called with my confirmation number just to double check...... good to go. :D

3. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

I got my room late last night, and it sounded like they had only a dozen or so left.
    $110 per night (after adding in their "resort fee" and tax) is a bit steep.
    I'm wondering if a venue change might be in order.

4. francisca

francisca Troubadour

You can find cheaper accomodations if you don't mind the drive, but $110 for staying on site is a freakin' bargin IMO.

5. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

I went to Gen Con this year.
    I stayed about half-block away from the convention center.
    I still had to hike a few blocks every day to get to the various locales my games were in.
    My room bill for 4 days was nearly $1,000.

I'm coming to Gary Con.
    I'm staying IN the place the event is held in.
    My games are being held down the hall and down one flight of stairs.
    My room bill for 4 days will be around $400.

You won't hear one peep out of me about the room rates.

6. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Yes, I'm in the same boat. I've never received my confirmation email either so I called and double checked. I tend to get a little paranoid about not having a room when I arrive. It's never happened but I want to always be prepared. (Boy Scout and all that, you know?)

This year I gave specific instructions to have both of my rooms connected. Hoping they do that this year because I may have the kids coming with us and we will want them in an adjacent room.

7. IronWolf

IronWolf Level 0 Character

Hhhhhmm, the Geneva Ridge Resort is showing all booked up for rooms. What is the next closest place to make a reservation at?

8. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

The website has been showing booked, you have to call them.

9. ogrevampire

ogrevampire Level 0 Character

Make sure you call them. I thought they were our of rooms when I looked online, however they set aside X amount of rooms for the convention. If you call them, you will know for sure. Also if they are booked, ask to be put on the waiting list, as people do cancel a day or two before opening up an opportunity for a room.

Ogre :shock:

10. ghul

ghul Chevalier

I booked today, but the guy on the phone told me they were just about full.

11. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Hmmm.. there are a few other places in town. Perhaps it's time to investigate reserving a Gary Con block with one of them and arranging some sort of shuttling deal with the Lodge. Presumably the Lodge will be happy to have more paying customers at the restaurant and bar. Plus, failing to accommodate such a need would only encourage Gary Con to move to a bigger venue. Seems like they have a few reasons to be cooperative on shuttling people.

12. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I just booked, so there are still rooms available. The total for 3 nights was either $321.37 or $329.37.

13. bbarsh

bbarsh Level 0 Character

Just reserved. All they have left are Kings. Damage is $329 which is a solid deal for an on-site hotel!

14. ghul

ghul Chevalier

I thought the rooms were 89.95 per night (con rate) + taxes/fees?

15. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

They are. The taxes and fees add up.

16. Karsus

Karsus Level 0 Character

Here was my tab:

Arrival Date : Wednesday, March, 13, 2013
    Departure Date : Monday, March, 18, 2013
    Voucher Number:
    Booking type : Guest
    Adult : 2
    Child : 0
    Childrens :

Rate Information

Rate Currency: $
    Room Rate: 99.00 per night.
    Rate description:
    Plus tax when applicable
    First Night Rate With Tax: 109.79
    Insurance : 0.00
    Service Charge: 0.00
    Total Stay Amount: 548.95
    Deposit Amount: 0.00
    Balance Due: 548.95
    Rate Program: Group Rate

17. Guy Fullerton

Guy Fullerton Level 0 Character

I registered for the convention last night, and I was worried the hotel would be out of rooms. Their online registration indeed shows them as having no availability those days. But I phoned them this morning, and they still have rooms with king beds + fold-out sofa-bed available at the convention rate, so I booked one. Woo hoo!

18. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Cool man, can't wait to meet you there. Going to run something? Gates of Gann maybe?

19. Guy Fullerton

Guy Fullerton Level 0 Character

Yeah, likewise, Donovan!

I'll probably run something ... just not sure what. I need to look at the calendar to see what free time there is for prep (work is quite busy), and figure out whether it will be an official event vs. open gaming. If I won't have time to prep something new, then it will probably be Many Gates of the Gann, or The Halls of Tizun Thane (from White Dwarf). If there's prep time, then maybe F2 Beyond the Impossible Spire (if it can be acceptably re-jiggered for convention play), or an unnamed low-level citadel exploration thing.

20. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Cool man. I would definitely like to play in one of your games, on- or off-grid, so I will make sure to touch base as we get closer to lift off.