Serenity miniatures

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Totan, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

I've finally started in a Serenity campaign and now the thought of miniatures has arisen. I'm not sure where to start, so I figure I'll try picking some of your brains for ideas.

What established game systems or miniatures lines would be good to check out to find modern (maybe slightly sci-fi) and/or western figures?

2. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Crystal Caste has some very high quality pre-painted Western miniatures that would work fairly well with a Serenity game. They're not that expensive and actually come with a d20 for every figure in the box. I've used their fantasy line in the past and really like them.

3. kersus

kersus Footpad

Well, not really minis, but I've seen a pile of ships and figures pass through the Diamond catalogue over the years.

4. silas

silas Chevalier

Is anyone going to run a Serenity campaign at GCIII? I'd like to get in on that!

5. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

I believe that someone I know will GM at least one Serenity.

On the miniature front. Some of the Reaper Chronoscope minis are very good for Serenity. As a matter of fact there are two minis that seem like dead ringers for Mal and Jayne.

6. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

At least two Serenity RPGs have been submitted (not by me) for GC3.

7. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Reaper and GamesWorkshop Warhammer come quickly to mind. Those are the ones i use. Warhammer gets the nod between the two for detail. Reaper for price. Neither carry old west as far as i know.
    Anyone wanna elaborate on details for Serentity game genre/dice system/etc... .

8. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Serenity is Sci-fi with a big chunk of Western flavor - it is based on the Firefly TV show and Serenity movie. Serenity is based on the Cortex rule system, which is skills and abilities that range from d2 to d12+d12, so for any test you are rolling 1 to maybe 6 dice that are either d2, d4, d6, d8, d10, or d12. I will try to post a rule summary soon.

Warhammer minis seem way too fantasy (D&D-ish) to me. Plus the Warhammer stuff seems really expensive.