Special Events AD&D Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LordTennyson, Jan 12, 2011.

1. LordTennyson

LordTennyson Level 0 Character

If we only have three Special event slots and want to attend the AD&D Open; do we need to put in rounds #2 and #3 as our second and third choices?

LT

2. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Unlikely. All the tournament descriptions say don't register for advancement rounds.

Speaking of the Specials, though - I noticed VIP events and regular events have space for alternate choices, but not Special events. Was that a deliberate choice?

3. Donal

Donal Administrator

You do not need to register for the semi final and final rounds of the tournament.

We decided not to have alternate event slots for the special events for 2 reasons:
    1) These events have a large number of tickets available so it is unlikely that you will not be able to get into one.
    2) We feel the laws of supply and demand will reduce demand for special events due to the large number of tickets available. Attendees will likely register for other events with more limited tickets and use these as fall backs on site if they don't get into them.

Of course we hope we're wrong. :) We'd love to fill all the special events!

4. smokin

smokin Chevalier

I couldn't find any other place this question might fit in.
    Any chance the convention coordinators saw my idea for a 'dream table' auction?
    It is usually a big funding boost to our local con. We run it a little differently than what may work for you. The winner of our auction has several months to develop his/her table of DM, players and system and then the table runs at our next con. This only works for us because we basically all live nearby and are in contact at least occasionally. For the Garycon, perhaps you can hold the dreamtable auction and then the table can run on sunday. Logistics and time restraints may overrule the idea, but I thought I'd throw it out there again as the con gets closer.

5. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

That's a great idea but I know some of these gamers and you'd have to fly in some crazy starlets for their gaming tables. Oh, and don't let the Kenzer or Troll guys know about this or it would get INSANE. Can you imagine what THEIR table would look like if they won? Scary.....very scary. ;)

Seriously, though, it sounds like a really good idea to me though you'd probably have to make sure that some "names" volunteered for it. Another way of doing it would be to have Luke and/or Ernie put together the "ultimate gaming table" and then auction off the opportunity to play at that table for a specific time period. Of course, I'd do some crazy bidding on that if winning it came with free beer during the course of the game!