Table side food service at new venue?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thomas Tullis, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Thomas Tullis

Thomas Tullis Level 0 Character

Does anyone know of the Grand Geneva will offer table side food service while we game like Geneva Ridge did?

PBurke likes this.
  2. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

It's kind of something they would like us to do.

It will help Luke and the gang with venue negotiations next year if we meet whatever goal is in the contract. At least, if we really beat it then hopefully Luke and the gang will have some leverage for next year's contract.

PBurke likes this.
  3. Khasimir

Khasimir Footpad

So is that a yes?

4. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

They have said in the past that there will be tableside service. We need to make sure to use this feature, as the contract requires a certain amount of utilization. If we do not use the service enough it will cost the convention extra money and may prevent it from being offered in the future, IIRC.

5. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

Yes they will! We're even getting the waitstaff some easy-to-spot unique Gary Con t-shirts to wear while providing this service. And Gizmo is right- the more you guys eat, the less the Grand is gonna squeeze us in the future.

PBurke likes this.
  6. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

With the change to more structured time slots, I think many people will have back-t0-back games, so I think many of us will be relying on tableside service and/or delivery. I believe I'll be in several games that span meal times and, with the bigger venue, I don't think I'll have time to stop (and wait) for food.

PBurke likes this.
  7. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

Does anyone know how far the closest market or convenience store is from the site? I have a couple of 16 hour days and plan to stock up on a few Red Bulls....

8. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

There's a Wal-Mart Supercenter at the east end of town at Highway 12 and Main Street (50). There's another supermarket not too far just west of the Grand Geneva (I don't remember exactly where, but it's not terribly far). There's also several gas stations near the same area which will sell Red Bull at a slightly inflated price. :p

Erik Olsen likes this.
  9. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

Cheers! It's my first time to Lake Geneva, so I have no clue about the local area. That helps a bunch. I'm sure I can purchase meals and snacks at the hotel, but these kinds of places dont often have the super big cans of RB that my travel worn body craves!

PBurke likes this.
  10. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

When I come to town, I always hit the Walgreen's, just west of the 12/50 junction.
    It was on the way to the old place and even closer to the new location.

Erik Olsen likes this.
  11. Khasimir

Khasimir Footpad

I think the grocery store JediSoth is referring to is the Piggly Wiggly. There are also eateries that will deliver out there. It's good to know about the food service being provided as it's awesome to be able to get food brought to your gaming table.

Erik Olsen likes this.
  12. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

I arrive on Wednesday evening about 8pm, so my plan is to call a cab if necessary and load up on RB and some treats I cant get in Moscow.

PBurke likes this.
  13. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Yeah, the Piggly Wiggly. I couldn't remember if that chain went as far north as Wisconsin, or if I was thinking of a different trip I went on. It's a pretty nice store; I'd go there before going to Wal-Mart, but that's because I have a thing about Wal-Mart, frankly.

Tink333 likes this.
  14. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Stuck in that limbo where you want to make a joke about Piggly Wiggly but don't know the person well enough to make it.

Tink333 likes this.
  15. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

I do love the Piggly!

16. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

i am sure someone will give you a ride if you ask.

he

Erik Olsen likes this.
  17. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

Cheers! I hadnt realized how many people were showing up on Wednesday as well :D

18. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Don't you worry, you're not alone in any of this.

Erik Olsen likes this.
  19. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

Maybe we can get a carpool going to the shop to pick up supplies and stuff :D

20. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

It's not unheard of!