The Auction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Buttmonkey, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

When is the auction scheduled to take place this year?

2. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Does the auction happen after the last event on Sunday? Or like Sunday early afternoon or something like that?

3. DieCastGames

DieCastGames Level 0 Character

The auction is usually on Saturday around 5:00 or 6:00.

4. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

The Live Auction is typically Saturday 5pm until the depletion of the hoard (generally 6-7ish).
    Longtime GenCon auctioneer Frank Mentzer will be moving the merchandise, with other VIPs (Tim Kask?, Luke Gygax?, ?) likely to be in on the action, too.

I can't imagine the loot living up to last year's level (when the proceeds went to assisting Ernie after the fire - people really made some fine donations), but nonetheless there's sure to be limited or unique items you won't find anywhere else.
    Be sure to block 5-7 out on your calendar if you want to be a part (and a nice roll of cash may be a good idea, too - not sure if they can take anything else).

(Also, do not confuse the Live Auction with the Silent Auction, which goes on for days on tables near the Registration Desk.)

5. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Guys,

Thanks for the heads up. I guess being at original house until 5pm and having an event start at the lodge at 6pm on Saturday is not such a good idea. Argh, I will rethink my desired schedule of events.

Edwin

6. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Just noticed that Franks Saturday evening event is noted as starting at 7:30pm. Gives me a better idea on when the Auction might fall.

7. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Yah, we moved it back (from 7) to allow time for me to grab a bite.
    I expect the auction to go 6-7 roughly. Might start earlier. That'll be finalized before you get onsite.

8. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

We are shooting for a 5 PM start time and a 6:30 end time. But with Murphy's Law its best to fence off 5-7PM for the auction.

9. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

if we want to donate items for the auction do we still bring them to the registration desk?

10. Dale

Dale Administrator

Yes, please. We greatly appreciate the support!

11. ekimus

ekimus Footpad

Isn't this going to clash with Tim's Circus Maximus championship? :shock:

12. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Oh, heck no.

Frank's Saturday Night Special (730ish) and Tim's Circus Maximus (8) are scheduled to begin shortly after the Auction concludes (7?).