The Infamous Tableau

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mark, Oct 28, 2011.

1. mark

mark Spellbinder

Many probably remember that the old Dungeon Hobby Shop had a 3D display of nine stages of dungeoneering. If I recall correctly, it was about three or four feet high and about as wide and depicted an adventuring party delving into the depths. It was divided, again if I recall corrctly, into nine rooms, three atop three atop a final three. At top on one side a fresh party began an adventure and proceeded through the nine rooms, sometimes losing a member to some foul horror or encounter. I seem to recall that the final room was a fight against a dragon. Can anyone remember better or more details? Do pictures exist anywhere of this very cool display? I remember asking once after this and being told that it had long since gone missing. Too bad, if true, as this would make a great image for the registration area of Gary Con. Any help and/or information is appreciated.

2. mark

mark Spellbinder

3. clangador

clangador Footpad

Anyone know who the attractive young lady in the picture is?

4. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Not easy to draw attention away from a legendary D&D artifact, but she does a nice job of it, eh?

Mary Hendryx, wife of Kevin Hendryx.

http://grognardia.blogspot.com/2009/06/ ... art-i.html

5. clangador

clangador Footpad

What can I say? Women have always been a hobby of mine. Gaming cannot be one's only hobby for a well-rounded life.

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

It'd be cool to have some sort of display like this near Gary Con on-site registration for folks to view while waiting in line, yes?