Tim "Olliver J Dragon" Cahoon is coming to Gary Con!! YEA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ollie, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Ollie

Ollie Level 0 Character

Just worked out the details so my wife and I can come to Gary Con! I worked at TSR from 1979 to 1984 and was a helper at conventions, etc for several years before that.

I am looking forward not so much to play games, but to see all those people I knew from Lake Geneva and the TSR days. I started at the Dungeon Hobby Shop when it was downtown. Spent many an hour working on the train display in the front window (looking at the girls coming up from the beach), then I progressed into the computer department running the business systems.

Running the HP computer systems I was the silent support of ELF, the "Editors Liberation Front", as they fought for independence from the demanding writers. Do you remember EDIT2, the text processor used to write the material in those days?

I hope to dig around and bring up some things for the auction.

See you there!

Tim "Ollie" Cahoon

2. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Welcome to the forums Ollie, & yes I remember the train display! :eek:

3. Dale

Dale Administrator

Ollie,

Welcome to the forums and I am glad you are attending. It should be a great time for all!

4. ernie da barbarian

ernie da barbarian Level 0 Character

It will be great to get together with Tim again. He was with us at the time when 723 Williams St. was still the headquarters of the Dragon. Many a game was played with Tim and generally Will Niebling with cool Rum and Cokes assisting the time fly by. Welcome back to Lake Geneva and Gary Con.

5. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

Cool! The more, the merrier!!