Wednesday and Sunday Night Gaming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by francisca, Dec 8, 2015.

1. francisca

francisca Troubadour

From the Event Reg section on the main web page:

So, my reading of that is there isn't anywhere for gaming wednesday night and sunday after 4PM? Is that correct?

2. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

I hope there is gaming space made available for those additional times.

3. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Hi Guys,

I worked with the venue and they have modified the contract. Initially we had to be clear by 6PM Sunday. However, with a little wrangling I managed to get us the majority of the gaming and vendor space until 10PM Sunday. So scheduled events will have a stop time of 4PM, however you could continue to play if it runs over. And open gaming can continue until 10 PM. Then we have to be clear of the meeting rooms.

4. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Is Wednesday out wrt open gaming?

5. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

That's FANTASTIC!

6. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Thanks Luke. I appreciate the efforts. I refer to the sunday night game I always play in as "the headliner" and the rest of the con as "the opening acts". It's a tradition that several of us have taken part in for several years now, and while 10PM is about the time we normally get rolling, I guess we'll have to make the best of it.

Losing wednesday nights is a disappointment, but maybe I'm taking it for granted how good the Lodge treated us all those years.

For me, the point is probably moot, as it's still looking bad for me making it this year, but I hate to see traditions like many of us have come to an end.

7. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

Do we know for sure about open gaming on Wednesday night at this point?

8. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I don't think we do, and could easily be reading more into Luke's comments since his Sunday night statements don't speak to Wednesday night at all, thus far.

Luke?

Allan.

9. dekelia

dekelia Level 0 Character

We've always played a game on the day before the con, but it was always just in the lobby anyway. I doubt they'd kick us out if we find a place to sit and play. The schedule they are talking about is just the "official" gaming area right?