What's the word on event submission?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeffery st. clair, Sep 23, 2012.

1. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

I swore I saw something about it already, but I may have been hallucinating. Once I make my games official, then it forces me to actually start working on them.... ;)

2. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

3. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Oh, they can wait...I haven't even decided on names for my events.

4. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

I think I saw October 1 listed someplace?

5. jeffery st. clair

That's what I thought, but those sneaky guys have hidden it somewhere....

6. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Ken,

I believe the 01 OCT 12 date was in the email sent out by Chris announcing that vadge registration was open. So yes, it is time to start putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) and develop those great adventurers to share at GC V!

7. mark

mark Spellbinder

Thinking cap, on! :)

8. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

I've just submitted my events. I should mention that all will have pregens provided.

9. CKDad

CKDad Level 0 Character

Luke & co.,

I'm coordinating the planning for a Castles & Crusades tournament to be run along similar lines to the AD&D tournament last year. Should I hold off submitting anything for this until I've got my pool of GMs and other arrangements sorted out? Any special coordination with you & your crew needed at this stage? (I'll be working with Tim Burns at TLG, along with regularly harassing Steve. :lol: )

10. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

How long will event registration be open? I'm still nailing down what I want to run and trying to figure out how many adventures I can actually have written by March.

11. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

I recall event registration for players began in Dec/Jan for Gary Con IV, so use that as a yardstick of "time remaining."

12. smokin

smokin Chevalier

I have a registered badge number. (by accident, i have two i think)
    I tried to submit an event and it said i must purchase a badge first.

13. bighara

bighara Chevalier

I need to wait to find out whether I have a vendor table before I know whether I can run any events this time around. There may be a new Faster Monkey product or two to demo by then if I can stop pissing around and get some writing done. :roll:

14. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Ditto: we're planning on both, but can't submit events until we get the table badges....

15. jeffery st. clair

Okay, so I submitted one AD&D game (same scenario as last year), one Mazes & Minotaurs game (new this year) and four Star Frontiers games (two using my GC III scenario, two using last year's). Since I'm DMing twice as many games, I figured I'd save myself too much work and only write one new scenario for the Con.

16. MonsterMike

MonsterMike Level 0 Character

Games submitted. w00t!

I'll be running a Gamma World game and a Savage Worlds game.

17. smokin

smokin Chevalier

I still cannot submit events. It says I need to purchase a badge first. But I have two confirmed badges already. HELP :(

18. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

I have three of mine submitted so far. Two Mutant Future games (one of them being a Thundarr the Barbarian run!) and Wizard’s World.

19. I submitted one on Oct. 1 but still waiting for it to be approved.

20. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Keep on submitting your events! The approval process will happen and there is no issue as long as you have all your information input correctly. The main stumbling block is usually table management during peak gaming time. So some of you may be asked to shift your game to a time when space is available.