When will events be available to view?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dmcojo, Dec 21, 2013.

1. dmcojo

dmcojo Level 0 Character

Hi there,

I am curious when the list of games that are being run will be posted, so I can make a plan for registration.

Thanks!

2. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Typically, it is between Xmas and mid-January.
    I have the suspicion they're running behind usual this year, but I could be wrong.

Generally they announce a target a few weeks in advance, then a few weeks to prepare, before registration kicks in.

3. dmcojo

dmcojo Level 0 Character

Great, thanks!

4. Dale

Dale Administrator

Mordin is spot on.

We are working to get the events submitted. We are hoping to start publishing them to the main site in the next week or so.

Stay tuned, and thanks see you in 3 months!

5. Rex

Rex Footpad

Woot! Got my Castles and Crusades Event Approved! Only a few more to go before I can squeeze in some more Requests.....

~Rex.....

6. mordrin

I see Events!
    :mrgreen:

(And, no, that is not all of them. That's still a small fraction of total.)

7. Dale

Dale Administrator

Events are being posted & more will be coming in. Thanks to everyone for submitting & running games. If you want to run an event- there is still time to make into the Event Catalogue.

Thanks, and see everyone in about 3 months!

8. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Cool. Already seeing some good ones!

How many more are still to come?

9. Fuesar

Fuesar Footpad

Very exciting! So when will we actually be able to purchase them?

10. mordrin

I can't find any firm numbers, but I think last year was in the neighborhood of 250 by start of registration and 300 by end (when you count multiple sessions).

There's about 100 up on the site now. So far the year to year trend is pretty consistently up every year.

11. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Great, thanks.

12. tacojohn4547

tacojohn4547 Level 0 Character

Man, yeah, there are already a number of games I'd like to playing in!

13. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

So far I've found about 50-100 hours of games a day I want to play. It is going to be hard to narrow this down, especially since there will be more games plus special events to choose from. On the bright side, with being new to pretty much all the different games, I almost can't go wrong. Either I will play something I've never played and end up loving it, or I play something I've never played and end up hating it so that at least I know to avoid it in the future. I don't really expect to play something I will end up hating, though, since the few things that don't interest me I won't sign up for.

14. OGRE MAGE

OGRE MAGE Footpad

No doubt!
    The more I read the harder it is to figure out how I will be able to play in 3 events for each time slot.
    And there is more to come you say? :shock:

15. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

I guess in the grand scheme of things, having an abundance of games that look like fun isn't the worst problem to have. Man, I can't wait for Gary Con!