A great 3 days!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by seskis281, Mar 27, 2011.

1. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Oh yeah, I remember that conversation with diaglo and hackhamster, and it was on Thursday night at the Lodge bar! Yep, that was one of my highlights too, see'n as how smok'n meat is my other big hobby (and I just got my dad's handmade smoker). In fact when I got home on SUnday, I fired up the smoker, threw on the apple wood logs with a few chunks of hickory and cherry, and started up a pork shoulder. But then I'm a native son of Kansas City, so I guess it's in the blood ;)

It's funny how you get some guys who are into grilling and smok'n, and they can get the same look of happiness on their face that gamer's do when meeting up. And when those grillers are also gamers, well, you get twice the fun as well as twice the length of the conversation!

Tim, count me in to step up for a turn at the grill if we have one next year.

2. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Oh, man, the idea of grilling next year makes my mouth water.

I have to say I love the idea of an open restaurant along with open gaming. I'm hoping, though, that they'll be able to keep the gaming area open even after the cafeteria closes. It was kind of fun to have them tell us they needed to close down the open gaming area for the night on Friday. They told us we could play in the lobby but, by then, we were exhausted and went to bed. Think I got into bed by 5AM on Friday Night/Saturday Morning. (And was back for the 10AM game I was scheduled to play in.)

With my 10 AM game in mind, I was wondering if anyone has heard from Kerry Bourgoine as he was supposed to run it. I was looking forward to seeing him this year but never got to catch him. Did he come? Anyone know how he is doing?

Thanks,

GP

3. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Had a great time. Food was a problem, but these days, I'm used to starving myself. Missed some folks I'm familiar with from the boards, but met some others. Next year is up in the air for me at the moment. Got to get some changes in my life. One thing, though... I ain't subjecting myself to TSA ever again!

4. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Tim, I'd stand out in the snow for this, and I live in the Greater LA area.

5. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Bill Cousino whipped up some serious beer 'n brats at GCI. Get his ass on the grill again!

6. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Thanks Deo. I didn't take that many pictures so I'm grabbing them from others who took some!

:p

7. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

A few pics I grabbed from some of our fellow attendees:

[​IMG]

Top left clockwise - Geekpreacher, me, grodog, Donovan and Patrick.

[​IMG]

Next Door Pub - GP, Frank, Brian and meself.

[​IMG]

Grodog's Castle Greyhawk Black Resevoir game - he and I "discussing" the situation of my PC!!

:)

8. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Rhuvein,

Those pictures show everything just as I remember it......blurry! :oops:

:lol:

9. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

A really great time, and thanks to all who attended!

10. bighara

bighara Chevalier

re: grilling, my beer can chicken is the stuff of legend. :D

11. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

:lol:...you too?

12. blake43

blake43 Level 0 Character

Had great time!! :twisted: Can't wait till next year!!

13. iddig ap nil

iddig ap nil Level 0 Character

Had a great time at Gary Con this year (as well as last year's), I'm planning on running two-tree events at GCIV, will have to make them visually intersting as well...at least one of them anyway...perhaps my "Pulp" game that I have in the works...