Badges purchased and still in cart

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gravon, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Gravon

Gravon Level 0 Character

HI, I purchased my badges in july of 2015 and it says completed in my account but it also says i have them in my cart. Can I delete the ones in my cart or just ignore them?

2. Contrarian

Contrarian Level 0 Character

I've got a similar problem. My account is showing my July badge order as cancelled, with an identical order in the cart.

That's not good.

3. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

Hey guys -- you can feel free to manipulate your cart in any way you want -- it's a temporary location for things that you're examining, and not a reflection of what you've already purchased.

I've purposefully set up the cart to persist, as this will allow you to make game ticket selections prior to pre-registration, and come back when pre-registration opens and simply click the Checkout button.

4. Contrarian

Contrarian Level 0 Character

My problem is that the mysteriously-cancelled badge was a Gold badge, which I can't order now.

This is weird. It looks like I never received a confirmation email either, and PayPal never got charged. (I wasn't paying attention to my email at the time because I was at Gen Con.) Was there a problem charging PayPal?

5. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

Send me your information (username, date ordered, etc) at [email protected], Contrarian, and I'll look into it.

6. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

So, worst case scenario, what would happen to the system if say 1,200 folks had their cart all preloaded and submitted it at the same time?

I would think it would be a safe bet that a lot of folks will be primed and ready to do something very similar to that.

Will the server/instance/hamster be large enough to accommodate such an instantaneous spike in load and traffic?

7. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

All of the little gnomes inside everyone's computer will have a battle royale to determine which tickets are accepted. The rest will receive and event full error. Thomas can shed some light on exactly what that will look like for a user.

We're paying AWS big bucks for horsepower during registration, so there shouldn't be any problems on that front.