Character Selection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DabmeDave, Feb 24, 2016.

1. DabmeDave

DabmeDave Level 0 Character

I'm playing a lot of Adventure League sessions; the Season 4 Launch and the Suites of the mist series. I'm wondering if they will be using the characters you can download off the dnd.wizards.com website. Will the gm hand me a character sheet or can I download one of my own? I might prepare ahead of time if I can download in advance.

Traxion likes this.
  2. Michaelsandar

Michaelsandar Level 0 Character

Good question. My son is in this too, for the first time so we were curious as well.

3. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

4. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

As these are Adventurer's League events, you may provide an AL-Legal character for play. Our events this year are for "tier 1", which means level 1 through level 4 (and in many cases, level 2), so bringing in a character you've been playing through multiple levels already may disqualify that character -- he'll be too strong.

We'll be providing a wide variety of pre-gens for the convention, as well as log sheets for your characters. You're welcome to create a level 1 character of your own, as long as it is within the constraints of the Adventurer's League Player's Guide. There are some great downloads and resources here.

The Season 4 related player's guide has yet to be released, so I have no information about what sort of special custom backgrounds (etc) may be available.

5. glamcrist

glamcrist Footpad

playing a few of these myself, wanted to try the system before buying any rulebooks... the fact that pre-gens are available is all I needed to know!

mwisconsin likes this.
  6. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

Just a heads up: You can download the Basic Rules for D&D 5th Edition for free from the Wizards website. It's a pretty big PDF, and encompasses (I'd estimate) about 70% of what you get in the Player's Handbook printed rule book.