Conquest of Nerath at Garycon IV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the keeper, Jun 18, 2011.

1. mark

mark Spellbinder

I've got a copy I can bring along as well but we might need more than one if there are a lot of us (4 player game, and all).

I've yet to play Kingsburg, so that'd be great too.

FLGS. Good one! :D

2. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

:shock: NEVER PLAYED KINGSBURG??!!
    (Don't tell Mama, she'll get out her candles, robes & "Kingsburg Bible", & convert your arse...... :lol: )

3. mark

mark Spellbinder

I didn't expect a kind of gaming inquisiti- NOBODY EXPECTS THE . . . :D

I look forward to giving it a try! :)

4. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Keeper

I'm confused about your tourney format. BGG has the play time for a game at 2 hrs, but you've got 5-6 blocked off.
    http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/9204 ... board-game

:?:

5. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

While BGG is one of my favorite websites they don't always have the most exact information. A 2-hour game of 1-player vs 1-player is very possible, if both players know the rules & how the game plays & don't spend anytime jawjacking. Oh, & if they are only playing the short game version. (13 victory points)
    I ran this event last fall at the Fall Gaming Hoopla, 4-players. I placed it in a 4-hour timeslot. After setting up the game, explaining the rules, asnwering about a dozen questions, watching over the players & cleaning up, the game finished in 4 hours & 20 minutes. (Thank God there were no other events scheduled after this one.) This event for Garycon is EIGHT players, two games to set up & tear down, possible "Newbie" players, possibly double the amount of questions, bathroom breaks, & who knows whatelse. I expect the event to run right around 5 hours with 20-25 minutes for clean up. And if it does end earlier than that that just means more downtime for me at the Next Door Pub. :D
    So, that's why the 6 hour slot for the Thursday elimination round. If nothing else Friday's game may run a little quicker than I expect as the players will/should have the previous days experience Which means no lengthly rules explanations. Just set up, brief rules change & get to it. & there you have it. ;)
    Oh & one more thing, I have 14 games I've played under my belt as well.
    Yeah, I'm just a game-a-holic..... :lol:

6. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Still workin' on getting things together, but I'll be driving in from Arizona on Wednesday. What's the gaming action for that night and is any still open?

7. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Some of the early arrivals will be at Ernie's while Mama & I are gathering a group to head to Lake Geneva Games for some pre-con gaming. You're more than welcome to follow along. :)