Early Bird Registration Sept 16

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Melf, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Greetings,

I wanted to give everyone a quick update on Gary Con V registration. We handed out flyers advertising Early Bird registration at Gen Con with the assumption that our website upgrades would be ready in mid-August. There was a small glitch (souvenirs were not being tracked) that would have caused much consternation. So we pushed pre-registration to 16 Sept. The good news is that the Early Bird Special will be extended through Oct 15 to offset the delay. The Early Bird package, for anyone not in the know, is $40 for a 4 Day Badge with a free set of 3 Gary Con collectable stadium cups! These cups are usually $25 if you buy them at Gary Con. The stadium cups get you $1 soda and $3 Spotted Cow microbrew all 4 days, as well as FREE BEER or Soda during Happy Hour.

The silver lining to the delay is that we will have all of out registration options available- including some premium badge and discounted Gary Con collectables and an option with more GPs and SPs to get into more events.

2. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Cool man, looking forward to it. :cool:

3. mark

mark Spellbinder

Huzzah!

4. dlawson74

dlawson74 Level 0 Character

I don't want to sound like a nag, but it's 1PM EST on Sept 16th and I have not had any luck registering. Is everything all right on the other end?

GaryCon has been the only con I have ever attended (started with GC1), and I want to get registered for my fifth ASAP.

Again, sorry if this comes off as nagging.

5. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

And a nag from me. It's just after noon on the 16th MST and registration isn't yet open.

6. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

It was never specified what year though. See you 365 days from today!

j/k, of course.

7. maclaird

maclaird Level 0 Character

Still waiting 6:40 CST. I have now been checking for 10 hours.

8. Donal

Donal Administrator

All,

Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately, I will not be able to "flip the switch" tonight. I'm still getting some parts of the website uploaded and updated to insure everything goes smoothly. This year, we're offering several new badge packages and I want to insure that everything goes off without a hitch.

I will update the home page and send out a mass email out as soon as registration goes live. Best case scenario is tomorrow evening, but more likely Tuesday/Wednesday night.

Thanks for your patience!

Chris

9. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Re: Early Bird Registration Sept 16 (Edit: Delayed)

Grrr....

10. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Chris,

I know you may not hear this very often but thanks for all you do. I know it's tough work keeping up a registration site and updating everything. I've been there and done that and my skills have atrophied over the years.

Keep up the good work and blessings to you.

Derek

11. Re: Early Bird Registration Sept 16 (Edit: Delayed)

Phew. I can live with waiting, I was afraid I'd messed up.

..... I met my wife through gaming and she's an Episcopal priest. And I ran a D&D group at seminary....

12. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

That.
    Except for the "been there and done that" part.

13. Donal

Donal Administrator

Badge Registration is now open. Thanks for your patience.

14. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

15. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

OK, so gold and silver pieces are the "currency" used to register for games. I recall GP from last year, but the SP has me a bit thrown. GP = currency for the more "high-profile/in demand" games and SP = currency for all other events, perhaps?

16. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Cool. I'm in like Flynn - got the Gary Con V BEER STEIN. :cool:

Any chance you guys have a prototype pic of this bad boy?

17. ThrashLibrarian

ThrashLibrarian Level 0 Character

First time attendee and I'm about ready to register, but can someone fill me in a bit more on the SPs and GPs? I understand that the currency for registering for the games, but it seems like the Early Bird registration has fewer than most of the other options. Is that going to be enough to get me through the weekend? Are there options to purchase additional "coins"?

EDIT -- Also, do most people put their forum name as their alternate name? Or just the friendly version of their name? I'd hate to show up as ThrashLibrarian if everyone else is Tom, Bill and Mike...

18. capitalbill

capitalbill Level 0 Character

And...registered!

19. capitalbill

capitalbill Level 0 Character

Good questions. Let me add a couple: How does the addition of SP to this year's con affect game costs? And do unused GP and SP carry over from one year to the next? I thought I had read that they do, but it doesn't appear like they did.

20. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Registered. Went nice and smooth this year, thanks Donal!