Event Catalog Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donal, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Donal

Donal Administrator

Ah, yes, that is an issue with the sorting function. I'm working on that bug. The event is correct, it just sorts a little wrong. As I'm sure the keen eyed have noticed, the sorting isn't quite right yet. I'll get that fixed shortly and make an Excel download available as well.

2. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

I've also noticed that if you sort in a manner that it does not like that it says: "The event catalog for Gary Con 2012 has not been released yet." For example search for Event Title "The Things".

3. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Too bad. Without too much searching, do you know roughly how many people participated in last year's?

4. Donal

Donal Administrator

Last year, we ran 6 first rounds total. I believe we had around 30+ players.

5. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Wasn't there supposed to be a Scooby-Doo Cthulhu game with a guest appearance by Don Knotts run by someone (Makerofthings, I think) from DGS? I can't seem to find it. Did it get scrapped or it is just not showing up? That would make me sad 'cause I was looking forward to getting some Scooby Snacks with my eldritch horror.

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

Thanks for getting the list updated. I've got two games to run this year, a minis game on Thursday called "Til Dawn We Fight" using my own Surcoat, MEdieval Fantasy Combat Miniatures Game rules, and an RPG on Sunday called "The Taking of Giants' Reach" using my own Griffins & Grottos. Medieval Fantasy Wargame and Roleplaying System.

They might have gotten away with it if not for those meddling kids!

Honestly, I have no knowledge but just couldn't leave that setup alone.

7. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

I'm going to run that as a pick-up game if I am up to it (running 6 games). I'll post it at the Con on the night of the event. Zoinks!

MoT

8. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

Tried to check the event catalog this morning and can only see the VIP events again. What am I doing wrong?

9. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Is that what I'm seeing with just the two pages? I hadn't been looking much (waiting until it was closer to registration), and there's a bunch of things that seem to be missing (Hackmaster, C&C, etc.).

10. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

The catalog was about 4 pages when everything's listed. If it's at 2 pages of events, that's the "preliminary version" released a while back. Yes, there seems to be a lot of stuff that dropped out. It's happened before. (See post above from the 16th...)

11. bighara

bighara Chevalier

As long as I can get in on Mutant Future. :)

12. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

I'm only running one MutFut game at Gary Con, but I may run a few pick-up games if there's interest. May also run a playtest of a module in process. ;)

13. Donal

Donal Administrator

Sorry, we were working out the last few bugs this morning. It should be working fine. But please, feel free whenever you see an issue to let me know (you can PM me directly too).

14. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Maybe it's my iPad, but the catalog is still only showing me the 2 pages of VIP stuff as of Wed AM.

15. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

It's back down to 2 pages of VIP stuff for my as well, on my desktop PC.

16. Fuesar

Fuesar Footpad

It's 4 pages for me. Approximately 200 events total. Is that what it should be?

17. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Every time the programmers go in to try and fix certain issues the system reverts to an older list. It's a little annoying, but don't sweat it folks, nothing should get lost.

18. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Well, as of Thurs AM (EST) I can see a total of 61 events. As a litmus test, there are no Hackmaster events listed, and since George assures me he has signed up to run several, I assume the list is incomplete.

19. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

It seems to be every morning, lately, that they're in working on it.

20. Fuesar

Fuesar Footpad

I still see a couple hundred events in the regular section, but don't see anything in the Special Events section (it' just says "Please be patient! Our extensive list of Special and VIP Events will be published soon.") Should there be stuff in there?