Gary Con III Mitchell Airport rides

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Totan, Sep 16, 2010.

1. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Saw your post in the "Getting Closer" forum, Druvas, so it seems you're reconsidering the drive. How will this work out for the Emperor and I and others needing a ride from the airport?

I'm not sure how flush I'll be on arrival, but I suppose we could pool on a rental in extremis.

2. Kabuki Kaiser

Kabuki Kaiser Level 0 Character

Hello everybody,

I am likely to get at the Airport by the Amtrak from Chicago on the 24th at about 4:30 pm. As I come from Paris, France, and never had a driving license (you don't need it in Paris and well, I took the habit), I'm in shit as far as reaching Lake Geneva is concerned.

If any of you can give me a lift (I'll share expanses, of course) to the Con, I'd be glad. Otherwise, I'm thinking getting to Madison with the Badger Bus and taking a taxi from Madison to Lake Geneva, is that a sensible or a very stupid thing to do?

If some of you walkers are left aside as well, we could maybe share a taxi in Madison after our glorious bus ride. What do you say?

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

HEY DRUVAS!!!!! If you are landing in Chicago maybe you can help this gentle person from across the big puddle? If not, I'll have Mama check with the local travel agency about a shuttle from O'Hare. I know there used to be one years ago, just not sure about now-a-days.
    This is starting to remind me about one of my favorite movies; Trains, Planes & Auotmobiles. :D
    P.S. Kabuki, Welcome to the forums!

4. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I just checked on airfare and it looks like O'hare is the most likely destination for me and Jimmy coming in from DC. I'd be happy to share a ride withour overseas friend. Let me work out the details with Jimmy and I will post again here to figure out times and all.

5. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

I'm arriving at the Milwaukee airport at 1:56PM (Flight 3730) on Thursday the 24th, so anyone that wants to ride with me from there to the hotel is welcome. I'll be renting a car.

My return flight leaves from that same airport on Sunday the 27th at 2:25PM (Flight 4065), so anyone that wants a ride back is also welcome to ride with me. I'll probably leave around 11AM or so.

PM me if you want to ask some questions to make sure I'm not some sort of crazy lunatic.. ;)

6. Kabuki Kaiser

Kabuki Kaiser Level 0 Character

That would be just awesome! No Amtrak :p

7. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

I could give you a ride to the con from Ohare airport if needed, Kabuki.

8. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Red Wizard, it looks like that might be best as I ended up booking all the way to Milwaukee after all. The price was just too good to pass up, and Jimmy and I are linking up with a friend there for a few hours. I hope to make it to LG in time for dinner at Next Door Pub (or wherever it is going to be)!

9. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

No worries, I can take Kabuki if he still needs the ride from Ohare.

10. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the Forums Kabuki Kaiser! I recommend getting a ride from Red Wizard. It is much easier and less expensive. If that fails see if you can get a shuttle bus to Lake Geneva from O'Hare.

Do you know Francois Marcela Froideval? He worked for TSR in the 80s and writes graphic novels nowadays. he lives a couple hours outside of Paris.

11. smokin

smokin Chevalier

I can see it already. Red wizard standing around with a sign that says "KABUKI KAISER". Someones gonna think hes a limo driver waiting on a punk rock band. And then Kaiser will be wandering around with a sign that says "RED WIZARD". Security is goona scoop em both away...

12. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

"The rooster crows twice just after midnight..."

13. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Donovan: I think that's about when I'm getting into MKE (2:30pm), if you'd be willing to wait around a few minutes?

I am probably not leaving until Monday morning, though.

14. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I can likely get you back to the airport on Monday if you need the ride as we are leaving from MKE at 15:45 Monday afternoon.

15. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Thanks for the offer, Charley, but my flight's quite a bit earlier than afternoon though (it tentatively leaves MKE @ 10:30am)---that would waste quite a bit of your day....

16. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

C'mon into MKG at 1725 on 3/24 and scheduled depart is 1505 on 3/28.

Druvas gonna be my chauffeur or have plans changed?

Have to pick up bottle o' Irish, 5 Veueltabojo Churchills and a decent Parka! Figure I'll leave my kilt home for this trip, but one never knows...

:ugeek:

17. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Oh! I forgot about that. I promised you a ride, and a ride you shall have. :)