GC II Thanks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Totan, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

A big thanks to the organizers and DMs/GMs!!!

I had a ton of fun and met a lot of nice people.

2. mark

mark Spellbinder

What a great time! We should do it again next year. :)

3. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

My wife and I had a good time. She even played her first RPG this weekend (filled an empty seat in one of my Paranoia games). Now she wants me to find games we can play in together at Gen Con!

4. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I would like to thank all involved in organizing Garycon 2. It was a convention that will not soon be forgot. It was GREAT! I would also like to thank all players involved in "Von Deekin's Wings of War." I hope everyone had as much fun playing as I had GM-ing.
    A special "Thank you" goes out to Luca & Jon Franco, from Italy, for your gift to me. Every time we play it, (Blokus), Mama & I will think of you both, & hope to see both of you at next years Garycon.
    Druvas & Jimmy, you guys crack me up!! It was great meeting both of you. Dru, take care of your family, good luck on the house. (If you prosper enough we've always got plenty of homes available here in Wisconsin, & a lot of empty buildings for a new gaming store :eek: ) Jimmy, have another beer!! :lol:
    Casey, next year you get to run a 'Wings of War' event & I get to play!! OKAY?
    Brandon, bob & weave, dude! Bob & weave!!!
    giarC, (pronounced "GARK"), get a different name! :lol:
    Tim, you only laughed once. WHATS' UP?!
    Rhu (Herr Goering) Straighten up & fly right! :lol:
    Bryan, my good friend of 30+ years, you've got 2 1/2 kills this weekend. You're worth bonus points next time. :shock:
    & to all the other players, once again,

THANK YOU!
    If anyone would like the optional rules that I used for Von Deekin's 'Wings Of War' you can PM me via this website & I will e-mail them to you.
    See ya next year!!!
    Deekin T. (The Keeper)

5. marjasall

marjasall Level 0 Character

My wife and I had an awesome time. Absolutely loved it! Thank you. :D

6. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Had a great time at Garycon! I played some great games, met some great people and even walked away with Kenzer and Company's last copy of The Great Space Race! A special thanks go out to Greywolf (Father Brian), Frank Mentzer, Flint Dille, the guys from TARGA, Luca (from Italy), Melf and Dale--and to all who played in games with me or in my own Marvel and Call of Cthulhu games.

Lets do it again next year!

7. athornton

athornton Footpad

An enthusiastic third, or fourth, or whatever, from me. I had a wonderful time playing and meeting everyone this weekend. With a little bit of luck I'll be back next year, and it was great to meet and play with Valorin and Greywolf and Carlos and Ken and Luke and Jim Ward and Jeff and Tim Kask and Grodog and Devon and Shawn and Keith and, well, everyone else I played with and am not remembering to name individually. I had an absolutely fantastic time and played some of the best games I've ever been privileged to experience.

Thanks also and especially to the Gygax family and to the corps of volunteers who made GaryCon II happen. It's been a long, long, long time since I felt that much like a kid on Christmas morning.

Adam

8. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Yep, many thanks to all and a great weekend!!!

I hope to put up some pics and vids soon.

:D

9. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Wow, what a great time....again! Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone involved for making this year's con even better than last year's. And here's to hoping that Luke will be available for Gary Con III. It just wouldn't be the same without him roaming the halls and getting his ass handed to him in Circvs Maximvs. Stay safe, brother.

10. kevin cabai

kevin cabai Level 0 Character

Great job to the staff at GC II, it ran smoothly and was well organized. Thank you for your time and effort, and thanks to all the other DM/GM's who helped make this a great con. Special thanks, for all those who joined us for Orc's Drift, hope you enjoyed the carnage. Would love to opportunity to run this again at GC III, (but not 9:00 am Sunday, ..... what was I thinking?). Hope to see you all again at GenCon.

kevin and Lorraine

11. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Sorry I missed the game (was signed up for it), but realized it ended after check-out time, I'd had 12 hours sleep over 3 days and had an 18 hour drive ahead of me! Maybe next year.

12. osarious

osarious Chevalier

My daughter and I had a great time as well. From Kingmaker Friday morning to Dungeon on Sunday morning (which were two of the most brutal I have ever played), we had a lot of fun. Thanks to Tim Kask and Frank Mentzer for running "old school" D&D events. I had a great time playing the Wizard of Oz in Frank's Friday night game ("Kill the babies!"). Thanks to Jolly Blackburn and Tom Wham for drawing pictures of Gary on my badge (Looks good Jolly, your drawing skills are not as bad as you think).

Thanks to all the people I played with, it was one of the best cons I have been to.

Hello to Luca, whom I sat next to during Tim Kask's Saturday afternoon game; who came all the way from Italy to be at the con.

The con ran smoothly and the staff was very friendy. Hope it can be held at the Lodge next year. A great start to the con season.

Many great memories. Already looking forward to next yeat.

13. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Just wanted to thank Luke and all the Gygax family, Dale and Chris, and all those whose faces I know, but can't place the names, who worked so hard to pull off a great convention.

I'd also like to thank all the special guests for being approachable and living up to the "Hey, we're just gamers." creed that they profess online. It's true guys.

It was a great weekend for meeting up with old friends and making some new.

Now I'm back at work, and it sucks.

14. osarious

osarious Chevalier

I'll agree with that. :D

15. Ector

Ector Level 0 Character

I'll toss my two bits in here - what a great weekend. Like everyone else has said it was great getting to meet and game with so many of you. Especially francisca, who I finally met in person in Wisconsin despite living in the same town and The Keeper - my buddy Casey and I basically got out of the car Friday morning and walked straight into his amazing Wings of War game.

Thanks to Luke & the rest of his family along with all the volunteers who made it happen. I'm definitely looking forward to next year!

16. randomengine

randomengine Level 0 Character

I want to thank The Keeper, Mrs. Keeper and Bryan for their hospitality showing me a good time with both Kingsburg and Wings of War.

I also want to thank Luke, the rest of the Gygax family, volunteers and gamemasters for making this past weekend, such a great experience for me.

Thank you.

-Casey Weston

17. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Thanks man!

It was nice to meet you and randomengine.

I guess GT was there as well (another guy here/near in the area Ector, randomeengine, and I inhabit), and I failed to meet him for about the 3rd time in Wisconsin, let alone here at home. :lol:

18. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Wow... what an excellent time at an excellent venue. I haven't had that much fun (consecutively) since my last arrest. Great times to be had for next year, I envision. I just hope I don't get killed first in Frank's game again.

19. francisca

francisca Troubadour

:oops:

I bet you'll never get on an elevator with me again....

20. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I think I'm staying away from elevators... and going with my first instincts, alignment be damned!