Good deals?

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by shalaban, Oct 4, 2009.

1. I may be one of three people in this world who ever liked it but, I picked up Lords of Creation still in the original shrink wrap on eBay for $38 including shipping. Usually you'd pay at least twice that for "Very Good" condition. :D

2. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I should have mentioned a good deal I got at my local game shop.

After recently buying a playable copy of the Rules Cyclopedia from someone on Dragonsfoot for about $25, I then turned around and found another one at my FLGS for $6. The owner actually sent me a text with a picture of it and a 1E DMG with the Efreet on the cover. He only wanted $10 for the DMG so I also picked it up.....it's always good to have an extra copy.

I'm still trying to decide if the hard bound copy of the Monster Manual from 2E is worth the $15 he's asking for it. It's one of the few things I don't have in my collection but, in all honesty, I'm not sure I want it.

Derek

3. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

It's got some worthy entries and some nice art. $15 is a good deal if the spine is in decent shape.

4. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Thanks. I'm at the game shop right now catching up on some email and work so I think I'll pick it up before I get out of here. The artworks is pretty good as well.

He's also got a binder full of the Monster Compendium listings but I just don't like the condition they are in. Plus, he's missing the very first one.