grodog not attending GaryCon IV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grodog, Jan 15, 2012.

1. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Awesome! Glad you can make it.

2. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Chris may have to move the times around, perhaps, given their last minute submissions, but here's what I submitted:

Event Title: grodog's Castle Greyhawk
    Event ID: 112602
    DM Name: Allan Grohe
    Game Type: Role-Playing Game
    Game System: AD&D (First Edition)
    Day: Thursday
    Start Time: Noon
    Duration: 6 hours
    Experience: Expert
    Maximum Players: 10

Description: Explore grodog's version of Castle Greyhawk: will you seek Kuroth's Quill in the Halls of the Iron Golems, or plumb the depths of the Waterworks seeking The Black Reservoir? Will you attempt the Iounic Caverns to recover the Ring of Gaxx, or assault the Heretical Temple of Wee Jas? Or delve elsewhere? You decide! Bring your graph paper, dice, and a healthy dose of paranoid courage! 6th-10th level pregen PCs will be provided. == Note to Chris: I have 10-12 players (I bring 12 pregen PCs to try to accommodate overflow), so I'll need two long tables, two short tables (endcaps), and ~14 chairs.

Event Title: Aliens: Rescue Newt
    Event ID: 214501
    Game Type: Miniature / War Game
    Game System: Other
    Day: Friday
    Start Time: 2:00pm
    Duration: 4.5 hours
    Experience: Beginner
    Maximum Players: 15

Description: While the Colonial Marines have been searching Hadley's Hope, Newt was captured by the Aliens! Ripley's leading Hicks, Apone, Vasquez, Hudson, and the rest of crew to find and rescue her! "Aliens: This Time It's War!" is a fast-paced and easy-to-learn miniatures war game from Leading Edge Games. Bring your own d10s and Pulse Rifles! == Note to Chris: The game accommodates up to 15 players, so I'll need two long tables, two short tables (endcaps), and 17 chairs (2 for me). It'll also take me 30-60 minutes to set up, so we should set the start time for the players at 3pm.

Event Title: Aliens: Hunt the Queen
    Event ID: 314501
    Game Type: Miniature / War Game
    Game System: Other
    Day: Saturday
    Start Time: 2:00pm
    Duration: 4.5 hours
    Experience: Beginner
    Maximum Players: 15

Description: The Colonial Marines are going on a bug hunt!: Ripley's leading Hicks, Apone, Vasquez, Hudson, and the rest of crew to find the Alien Queen and put her down! "Aliens: This Time It's War!" is a fast-paced and easy-to-learn miniatures war game from Leading Edge Games. Bring your own d10s and Pulse Rifles! == Note to Chris: The game accommodates up to 15 players, so I'll need two long tables, two short tables (endcaps), and 17 chairs (2 for me). It'll also take me 30-60 minutes to set up, so we should set the start time for the players at 3pm.

Event Title: grodog's Castle Greyhawk
    Event ID: 408601
    Game Type: Role-Playing Game
    Game System: AD&D (First Edition)
    Day: Sunday
    Start Time: 8:00am
    Duration: 6 hours
    Experience: Expert
    Maximum Players: 10

Description: Explore grodog's version of Castle Greyhawk: will you seek Kuroth's Quill in the Halls of the Iron Golems, or plumb the depths of the Waterworks seeking The Black Reservoir? Will you attempt the Iounic Caverns to recover the Ring of Gaxx, or assault the Heretical Temple of Wee Jas? Or delve elsewhere? You decide! Bring your graph paper, dice, and a healthy dose of paranoid courage! 6th-10th level pregen PCs will be provided. == Note to Chris: I have 10-12 players (I bring 12 pregen PCs to try to accommodate overflow), so I'll need two long tables, two short tables (endcaps), and ~14 chairs.

3. Dale

Dale Administrator

The Event Catalogue has been completed & being printed- so unfortunately they won't be listed.

However, we will have plenty of people looking for games, so it should not be a problem getting the events with enough players. Glad Grodog is going to be able to make it!

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

Huzzah! :D

5. Donal

Donal Administrator

They will be in the online catalog tomorrow morning sometime. So you may still be able to pre-register for them.

6. grodog

grodog Troubadour

My events are now available to prereg for (1 day only! ;) ).

7. welleran

welleran Footpad

I signed up for the Saturday Aliens game -- still debating catching the first few hours of Sunday Greyhawk or possibly leading a torch-wielding mob to force an extra Greyhawk session!

8. tellion

tellion Footpad

Allan, your Saturday Alien's event fit nicely into my schedule, and the points cost was a bargain! I have just enough points remaining to register for your Thursday Castle Greyhawk event. Unfortunately that overlaps with 2 other events for which I have already pre-registered. Would you consider allowing players to join your event late around 2p? If not, I'll hope to crash one of your open AD&D 1e game sessions if you will be running any.

cheers

9. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Sure, I'm flexible: I had a player join one of my NTX events ~2 hours late because he overslept. I managed to work him in pretty quickly, and he got a memorable entrance (his halfling PC was in a sack at the belt of an evil titan WM the party met, and the titan was swinging the PC like a mace :twisted: ). So, no problem, Dex :D

10. tellion

tellion Footpad

Great. I'll pre-reg for the event and check in with you before you start your session if I can break away from my 10a event for a moment. If for some reason you can't work us in (did I mention there would be 3 of us? :mrgreen: I promise I'm not going to introduce more players ala Gandalf introducing the dwarves to Beorn), we can continue on to our original event. We wouldn't want you to turn players away just to hold places for us. Well, we would, but that just wouldn't be kind or fair. If, however, you have room at the table when the time comes, and you can work in a party of three; we would be in your debt (for at least a round of spotted cow) and at your service. ;)

11. welleran

welleran Footpad

Yeah, I'm one of the three, Allan....since I'm DMing the 10am game, I could easily "arrange" for a quick exit by those other guys! :twisted:

12. grodog

grodog Troubadour

You never know where a teleporter might lead, Keith ;)

13. tellion

tellion Footpad

Quick exit? :? I'm not sure I like the sound of that...

14. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

:lol:

Man, the things friends will do for you. ;)

15. welleran

welleran Footpad

"for you" - "to you" All a fine line, really...

16. clangador

clangador Footpad

Yep. I snagged a spot for the Sunday morning Greyhawk game.

17. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I'm thinking of a live action drinking game -- The Raid on Grodog's Lodging. And we steal his notes.

18. grodog

grodog Troubadour

The complicating factor in that plan, this year Jon, is that I'm rooming with Donovan, who's not only crafty and vicious in his own right, but is a fine and outstanding southern gentleman, who would therefore have to shoot you for invading his personal demesne :cool:

19. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

As a Southerner, I think this reflects the truth more accurately. :D

20. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Where the hell is the "like" button for the last two posts????