Registration now at 3pm EST??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Khasimir, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I hear you and sympathize with your position. This is not how we planned or envisioned it either. I would love to develop a fix plan that would have rapidly resolved the issue with some orders being processed early or find a time that would work with 100% of all of your schedules. I don't want to inconvenience or worse anger the people that come and celebrate with us. The bottom line is I had to choose between pressing on with multiple orders processed ahead of time, closing out several desired events or pushing to the right 3 hours. The blame falls on us for not having ensured an error wouldn't happen, and I accept that responsibility. The choice to shift right was mine and I would make the same one again given a similar set of circumstances. It is the ethical course of action in my opinion.

Again I am very sorry for the inconvenience and apologize to your family. I hope you can simply submit via cell phone from wherever your plans take you today. And even if it does not work out as planned, I am confident that you will discover some unknown treasures in the events you do register for or even just walk into. I have heard numerous people tell me that the event they stumbled into turned out to be their favorite.

Luke

Poindexter and stahlnee like this.
  2. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Us expert gamers took the circumstances by the horn. Dont hold it against us if the GM or someone else allowed it to occur.

3. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

You did the right thing Luke!

4. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

I got nervous that my account did not work, but clearly you guys shut the system down for a very good reason. I agree with SL, you did the right thing to be fair to everyone.

5. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

Just trying to lighten the mood a bit, the Simpsons always put a smile on my face for their silliness :D

6. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

7. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Or maybe a phone ring asking for Seymour.

Erik Olsen likes this.
  8. Eternis

Eternis Level 0 Character

Just to point out... It looks like all the seats have been either doubled or that there's still people that have tickets to events... I'd hate to have us all do this again and have it pushed back further because 2x the people are registered to the same event :p

9. pruttm

pruttm Level 0 Character

Looks like Badge purchasing is locked out for now as well. I guess that's what happens when you are late to the party... :(

10. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

See here re both
    http://garycon.com/community/index....on-delayed-until-3pm-est-updated-1-20pm.1453/