So how the heck are YOU getting to GaryCon VI?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Druvas, Oct 31, 2013.

1. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

Driving from Madison each day. Looks like 1.5 hours to get there. I've been to Delevan before, so I figure this is about the same trip. Any Madison folks have a rough estimation if real-world (i.e. non Google Maps) drive time from Madison is better through Delevan or through Whitewater and then Elkhorn?

2. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

Hwy 12 isn't a bad drive, but I90 to Hwy11 (via Hwy14 north of Janesville) is faster. Obviously the time of day and what part of Madison you're coming from makes a big difference.

3. George.Fields

George.Fields Level 0 Character

Driving six hours from Southern Illinois.

And may I commend you on your game of choice. ;)

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

I take a right after two blocks and drive seven minutes to the convention. ;)

I moved to Lake Geneva last June. :)

5. Fuesar

Fuesar Footpad

Sneaking into the back of a covered wagon in the mass caravan that goes from Madison to Lake Geneva.

6. Fuesar

Fuesar Footpad

It's a little more than an hour from the East side. I usually go through Delavan.

7. Swiv_Snapshot

Swiv_Snapshot Level 0 Character

Take I-39/90 to I-43 to Hwy 50. It's a longer drive, but faster average speed- traffic on Hwy 12 between Madison and Lake Geneva can be exasperating.

I drive from Whitewater to Lake Geneva, then back, every day, and I pray for the day they finally finish the Hwy 12 bypass.

Swiv

8. tacojohn4547

tacojohn4547 Level 0 Character

Coming from Wichita, KS, I'll be carpooling with Grodog on Wednesday. We'll drive up I-35 to either the I-70 exchange in Kansas City and then east, or I-35 all the way up to Iowa where we'll pick up I-80 and then turn east.

Twelve to thirteen hours of QUALITY TIME with my old friend and publishing partner, Grodog!