Registration Technical Issues? Post Here. Updated Sunday 11:30pm EST

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brendar, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

Thanks for clarifying that the e-mails take precedence. I think my confusion is that the coin total I have left would be accurate if everything in the cart went through, but the e-mail leaves off two events (which I assume I did not get into). As everyone has said, the presence of multiple copies in "My Account" make it hard to know what's real. But there is a disparity between coins and e-mail. The same is true for my friends monkeydono1 and mudteeth, too. I'm going under the assumption that the "Your Tickets from GaryCon" e-mail at 3:12 is the accurate factor.

Thanks.

PBurke and Tink333 like this.
  2. Tink333

Tink333 Footpad

Earlier, Luke said this on the Gary Con group Facebook page:

"Luke Gygax Try looking at the My Account Page. You should have the events. The internal server errormay be the email message didn't make it but the event is registered"

Which is why I thought having events in My Account/My Registered Events meant something.

3. TravisChaos

TravisChaos Level 0 Character

Bought two tickets, only have the coins from one... HELP!!!

4. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

What is posted up here is the latest information from our web staff. We're solving a lot of individual accounts as we work through them, but the data set we've been able to look at in detail is still too small to make definitive statements.

5. TravisChaos

Should I hold off registering for events, then? Or go ahead with the coins I actually have available?

6. Tink333

Tink333 Footpad

I understand, Brendar, but I'd have submitted a form earlier, had it been made plain that that was what we needed to do. We actually asked on the thread that was deleted, and I believe you were the one who responded to either post here or do the form or both.

Honestly, I'm not trying to be difficult.

Erik Olsen likes this.
  7. brendar

Site is on maintenance right now while we cleanup accounts, but the system is fine. All the errors resulted from the first three minutes of submissions stepping on each other.

Erik Olsen likes this.
  8. brendar

Not taken that way- just clarifying that what Luke said at the time was speculation and we know more now.

Erik Olsen likes this.
  9. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

I was unclear about what this all meant so I registered for a bunch of things to use up my gold and stuff, but events I cant possibly use. I thought to hand out the tickets to people. Obviously I'd prefer to use the 5 gold from my badge on the 3 or 4 events I originally picked with my order. I never got the email like the others, so I sent in the form as you directed.

10. TravisChaos

Got it. I will sign up for what I can, then. Thanks for the update. Hope to have those coins soon...

11. TravisChaos

I had intended to sign myself and my brother each up for a 2GP event, but now cannot because I do not have all of the coins that I've paid for. A bit frustrating. We're traveling in from Colorado.

12. brendar

Check your other thread, just need you to PM me some information so we can fix your transaction.

13. Ceronomus

Ceronomus Level 0 Character

Quick question, is there an estimated ETA on when emails might get sent? I don't mean "is my problem going to be solved in the next 10 minutes" so much as "if you STILL haven't gotten an email in the next X hours let us know" sort of thing...

14. brendar

Good question. We have about 150 tickets open right now and three folks working them. Time to resolve each is highly variable. I'll give a better update shortly.

mark likes this.
  15. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

Uh, check that, I think. The e-mail had been clipped! I think the coin count is accurate and I actually see all the events from my cart listed in the e-mail. Uh. Sorry. Thanks! Will "My Account" be cleaned up at some point to match what came in the e-mails?

16. Ceronomus

Ceronomus Level 0 Character

Still, with 150 open tickets, even at a minimum of 1-2 minutes to look at them and say "Oh, this is fixed", that is going to take hours to get cleared through. Gives me an idea at least. Thanks!

Tink333 likes this.
  17. Tink333

Tink333 Footpad

And... it would be helpful for someone (someone who is not working on the tickets) to communicate to let folks know what's going on. We've all been sitting here all day waiting for whatever is going or not going to be the resolution.

18. brendar

That's me. I'm not a technical person. Communicating with them and passing on what we know. If there's something not getting addressed, PM me, please.

19. TravisChaos

Can I check out multiple times? ie adding some things, checking out, then adding more later?

20. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Unable to submit my issue. When will I be able to submit it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.