An unofficial 'who looks like what' thread...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeffery st. clair, Jan 29, 2010.

1. tavis

tavis Footpad

Faces are a great idea but I could also use help tracking real names (mine is Tavis Allison, more obviously than some).

[​IMG]

I'm the thinning-haired guy on the left; the younger dude on the right is Smook, the translator the South Korean government assigned to me after flying me out to Seoul on the mistaken assumption that a RPG publisher would be interested in releasing Korean MMORPGs in the US.

I spent the conference explaining that yes, you could play RPGs without a computer, and here's where the whole idea came from! Fortunately Smook had played original D&D with a group of Yanks at the US military base, which greatly sped up the process of trying to get this idea across.

All this was ironic because I barely qualified as a tabletop publisher, much less an electronic one!

I'm also visible in Mark's photo above, if you want to see the progress of my hair loss since 2005 when this one was taken.

2. francisca

francisca Troubadour

This is me:

[​IMG]

You can call me Rich.

3. Wes

Wes Level 0 Character

Hello, Rich!

This is me @ Origins last year (on the left). That is award-winning game designer and Great Lakes Leg-Wrestling Champion Brian Jelke (of Kenzerco fame) on the right.

[​IMG]

4. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Wes.

The most important picture in that photo is of that guy Sam Adams. I'm hoping to see him quite a few times at GaryCon. ;) Do you know if Brian is coming? I know he made it last year.

5. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I thought Preachers could only drink wine, & only on Sundays? :? :p :lol:

6. Wes

Wes Level 0 Character

Not certain if Brian will be there -if he does not make it you will not be the only one who is disappointed. He's a charming chap and a great gamer.

Certainly the good Geek Preacher could not snub the Lord's bounty! :)

7. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

HA! Here's a good book for you....it's called "In search of God and Guiness" that will give you some good insight into this preacher. ;)

8. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

I'd upload my pic, but for some reason I can't seem to figure out how to upload it correctly.

9. Wes

Wes Level 0 Character

I put mine on Photobucket and use the image tag. [img ] url of pic [/img ] (without the extra space)

10. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

[​IMG]

Wow, it actually worked this time.

11. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Here's a crappy scan of a photo of my bride and I:

[​IMG]

She's coming along for moral support (and perhaps to join me in some short board games).

12. tstone

tstone Level 0 Character

13. mark

mark Spellbinder

You appear to handle the truth quite successfully. Is that a blonde Galloway or a cross-cast Dr. Stone?

14. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Aaron Sorkin is one hell of a writer. Looks like he's finally starting to get back into the groove again, with several projects on his plate right now.

15. tstone

tstone Level 0 Character

Yeah, our Galloway was blond. She was good, too. Local actress in that area.

16. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Heather and I saw "The Farnsworth Invention" a year or two ago on Broadway, and it was excellent! What else does Sorkin have cooking these days?

17. tstone

tstone Level 0 Character

Interestingly, I hear he has another TV series working...one that is another behind the scenes of the media series...this one about behind the scenes of a Fox News type outfit. Could be interesting. Sports Night was great, Studio 60 had promise, but didn't quite live up to it.

18. shalaban

shalaban Chevalier

So here is what I looked like at GCI-
    [​IMG]

And what I look like now- [​IMG]

And how I plan to dress for the weather. This is Ohio which is about 800 miles South of Lake Geneva WI.- [​IMG]

19. shalaban

shalaban Chevalier

Oh yes... My name is Eric Smith. :lol:

20. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Hey, Shalaban is Lancaster in Perry County? About 50 miles S.E. of Columbus?