Pizza at the Pub?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kaskoid, Jan 8, 2011.

1. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I haven't bought my plane ticket yet, but am hoping to arrive in time for pizza. Will have to see what Rob's planning for arrival date/times (we were late enough last year that we missed most of the folks at NDP).

2. Ernie

Ernie Level 0 Character

Fat Cats is re-opened. The owner and girlfriend had some financial difficulties. Lake Geneva though has increased it's already nasty Police patrols. We have had two Gary Con DUI's. That is partially why I am encouraging some folk to get rooms at the Colony Suites at least for those playing games before the actual con. Or stay at the Ridge and game and brew during the con. Or get some designated drivers for the late night Fat Cat gatherings.

3. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Just completed booking flights and rental car for me and Jimmy! I have some brief plans in Milwaukee Thursday, but will do my best to make it to dinner agian this year on Thursday. I will memorize a few teleport spells to insure I do not add to the count of DUI's. Or... I will ride with Deek! :D I'm stoked!

4. bighara

bighara Chevalier

My wife & I will be getting in Thursday PM, but I'm not sure what time yet. What time do folks plan on being around the pub?

5. Dale

Dale Administrator

As the event date gets closer we will announce a time for the Thursday gathering at the Pub (official or un-official). Everyone that is town Thursday usually winds up there sometime that night.

See everyone in a few short months. :D

6. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I expect most of people will pop into the NDP on Thursday night. I hate to commit to a time personally because Dale, Chris, James, Dreb and i will be doing pre-con preparations. I hope to be there by 2000.

7. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Hey Luke, you're a little behind. :?
    IT'S 2011 ALREADY!!!
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    (I crack me up!!)
    :D

8. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

63 days, to be exact. That's only sliughtly more than a couple of months. ;-)

9. Melf

That is twenty hundred as in 8 PM for you civilians!!!!

10. mark

mark Spellbinder

If you're on watch aboard ship that's eight bells.

And if you're LARPing, the big hand is on the . . .

11. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

If you guys need any help, let me know. I think my wife and I are showing up at the hotel on Wednesday. Looking forward to this year. I could really use the break.....and some good scotch. :D

12. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I believe I can help with that. ;-)

13. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

Yo, Ernie! I plan to be back again at your place on Thursday night just like last year. Great fun. I owe Gianfranco a beating; he was wise enough not to return to get it. lol

14. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

I'm excited, I think I went to that pizza pub last year for GaryconII, I remember seeing a lot of the gamers there at a long table. I wonder if there is a good place to get a cigar in the area.

15. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Hey Ernie. I'll forever associate you, The Trolls and Fat Cats . . in my mind (even though I've have been there over the years way back in the day). You were nice enough to buy a round of Guinness at LGCC in '07 when I first met yeh.

See ya soon, man! :cool:

16. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Right, so I will be there and hopefully we can get another gamers table with The Keeper, Luca, Druv and any and all GC peeps that show up. We had a great time last year. The Keeper is the Coolest and Main man. :D

17. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Aw, garsh. Thanx, Rhu. :oops: Just doin' my part to make sure everyone enjoys the "Garycon" experience. It makes me feel good to help out where I can, & I appreciate the Gygax family for allowing me to volunteer myself & my love of games for such a great reason.
    Garycon is AWESOME!!! :D

18. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

Yes, definitively. :cool:

19. Melf

Gary Con is awesome because there are so many people- family, friends and fellow gamers- joining together to celebrate together. Thanks to everyone for making Gary Con a special and happy time for all of us.

20. So where is this place at? Can we get some directions, I will be staying at the Con hotel with my wife.