Pre-reg Access Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dndgeek, Jan 21, 2016.

1. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Thanks!

Tink333 likes this.
  2. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Facebook sucks as a way to get questions answered.

Threading is broken.

JediSoth likes this.
  3. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

All,

I hear your complaints and can see how it was confusing. I have taken note of the shortfalls and we will do a better job at clarifying these distinctions going forward. You have all gleaned how it works through research where it should have been stated clearly.

Gold and Silver badges are essentially unchanged from previous GCs. They register at the same time. One comes with more GPs and SPs, swag bag and GC shirt.

The Diamond and Platinum badges (5 and 12 respectively) get earlier access to event registration and swag items.

This is the first time we have offered an early registration option. We will see the pros and cons and make changes as needed going forward.

Again my apologies. There is a lot going on behind the scenes, but that should not impact your experience and make you feel like we don't care or worse purposefully misleading you in any way shape or form.

-Luke

Jarlaxle likes this.
  4. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

So how do I turn "Additionally, Platinum badge holders get a guaranteed seat at one event of their choice. "
    to register to this "Special Event: Celebrity D&D (Player)"

5. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

Email me at [email protected]. I'll grease the wheels. Communication on that feature will be forthcoming, but I'll do you a solid in the meantime.

Traxion likes this.
  6. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

Echoing Luke's comments, a lot what has been said in this thread represent valid concerns. It certainly has never been our intent to intentionally obfuscate information but we are definitely receiving the message that we haven't been clear.

Luke explained it just now, but Jim nails our intent here:

So we need to do a better job at making all of that crystal clear. Got it. We were intentionally vague to a degree when we first announced that part because we weren't sure how it was all going to shake out- we hadn't even begun to code the back end at that point. That doesn't change the fact that we should have updated the information a long time ago to be more precise once we figured it out. We dropped that one.

Personally, I still feel like you are getting great value out of a Gold badge vs. a Silver for exactly the reason Jim states above- only a very small number of people get early access, and it will have little impact on the availability of events for everyone else. Gold badges get you more points to spend. That said, if you feel like you've been duped and the price you paid isn't worth what you get, we'll gladly refund your Gold badge for a Silver, just let us know. If you are really pissed or upset- good. That means you care passionately about this Con, just like we do. If you fall into that category, please reach out to us privately so we can start a dialogue.

At the end of the day I'm so very grateful for the folks here on the forums raising these concerns and showing their anger. It's a lot easier to just give up on us and walk away, and that'd be a real shame for everyone. We want to make this the best gaming con it can be, and you deserve nothing less from us. Hold us to it.

Traxion likes this.
  7. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

I'm available for clarification 24/7....shoot me a pm, Luke or anyone...happy to help sort out communications if you need someone who has seen this convention from the attendee side for nigh on eight years now.

I'll be like an attendee liaison.

Traxion likes this.