RPG Meet Up – Games Plus

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Raic, Jan 24, 2012.

1. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

I'll be there!

2. silas

silas Chevalier

I will be there!

3. mark

mark Spellbinder

Good times but we could use a way to keep combat organized and flowing. I think this "charty" system bogs us down a bit, so we probably need a way to also avoid losing track of phases and having to re-find our place. I think with a bit more focus, we can not only get through more combats, but have more time out-of-combat to really explore the setting and our characters. That's my hope anyway.

4. Raic

Raic Level 0 Character

I agree Mark. While the session was enjoyable, it was choppier than the first one. Like you, I am all for streamlining the combat system if the group is amiable to doing such. In fact, I have been pondering just that after reading your post and have come up with a couple easily implemented ideas. I will organize what I have in mind and bring to our next session on the 15th at 1 pm.

5. mark

mark Spellbinder

Sounds cool. I'm sure we'll get a chance to talk at Gary Con. I love the granulation that the charts bring to the combat but finding a way to organize their usage would be helpful. I think that extra flipbook you made will help as it sees more gameplay too. Love the new backgrounds, also. I'm not sure what the others will get from them, since I haven't seen their secret backgrounds, but my own plays perfectly with the character concept. A Loremaster needs his own history as much as any other, after all! :)

6. Raic

Raic Level 0 Character

Hey all –

Touching base prior Sunday. I developed a streamlined combat system that I want to try out. We will see how it goes. It should speed things up. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Raic

7. mark

mark Spellbinder

Groovy. :)

8. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

SOunds good to me ;)

9. Raic

Raic Level 0 Character

Hey all –

Stopping by to confirm that we are on for this Sunday the 6th at 1:00 PM at Games Plus – see you there.

10. silas

silas Chevalier

There are huge thunderstorms ripping through Chicago right now, so I don't think I am going to make it to today's game (I have to drive all the way from Naperville)

Chad can't make it either.

I should be able to make it 2 weeks from now no problem.

11. Raic

Raic Level 0 Character

No problem Silas. It just was one of those days. The session turned out well enough as Mark and I had a chance to play a nice board game called Arkham Horror. I found it to be a very interesting game concept with enough complexity and variability for long term enjoyable play. That is something I was happy to learn given the price tag for the board game.

Regarding the next MERP session - two weekends from now works fine for me. So let’s plan on getting together on –

Sunday, May 20th at 1:00 PM at Game Plus.

If anyone has something that conflicts with this date and time let me know. Thanks all.

12. mark

mark Spellbinder

Great fun yesterday. Thanks, Raic! :)

Looks good for the 20th for me.

13. Raic

Raic Level 0 Character

Hey all,

Stopping to say I am still a go for Sunday at 1:00 PM at Games Plus. I am looking forward to the meet-up.

I am happy to inform everyone that the characters have leveled up. Mark and I did the necessary housekeeping required when a character advances a level during out last meet and if anyone has the time and interest, I plan on being at Games Plus an hour earlier then the official start time to do the same with other characters if you can arrive early as well. I am hoping that by taking care of as much as possible prior to starting we will have more time for gaming.

See you all there.

Raic

14. mark

mark Spellbinder

See you then! :)

15. coreyhaim8mydog

coreyhaim8mydog Level 0 Character

See you at 1PM. Chad, we can talk the podcast then if you like.

16. silas

silas Chevalier

I will be there :)

17. mark

mark Spellbinder

No word from silas. Perhaps a week off for the holiday would be a good thing for everyone?

Looking toward the rest of the Sundays this summer . . .

For June, I'm unavailable the 3rd and the 17th but ready to go for the 10th of June on the MERP campaign as well as the 24th.

For July, I'm unavailable for the 1st (probably) and the 22nd.

Rounding out the rest of the summer, we've got Gencon to deal with so we probably should just say we're not playing on the 19th of August and Sept 2nd is Labor Day weekend.

Anyway, that's all long range and you each probably have various weekends that are bad. We probably need to recruit a few new/additional players going forward so keeping these days in mind and the 12pm to 6pm gaming window (some weeks shorter than that, obviously) would be a good idea. If anyone knows of any scheduling conflicts of their own for the next few months, please do post them, even if it is just to confirm that you will also be scarce the Sundays of Memorial Day weekend (tomorrow), Father's Day, Fourth of July weekend (faling on a Wednesday, is there really a "weekend" for the holiday this year, since some might vacation around this time?), Gencon, and the Labor Day weekend.

See you all in two weeks (though I suspect some of you will game in some manner on the 3rd of June).

18. coreyhaim8mydog

coreyhaim8mydog Level 0 Character

Today is not good for me anyway. I don't have any immediate plans for the Sundays coming up.

19. Raic

Raic Level 0 Character

Unless something unexpected comes up, I am available the following dates through July –

June 3rd, 10th, and 24th

July 1st, 8th, 15th, and 29th

The MERP RP has 2 more sessions at the most. That will takes things to the end of June as far as that RP goes. Afterward, I believe the plan was for someone else to DM. We can discuss who and what system on June 10th, but I am open to just about anything right now.

20. mark

mark Spellbinder

I was planning to start up a Griffins & Grottos RPG mini-campaign (through the rest of the summer) beginning in July. I guess I could start it up a little sooner if we're finishing up MERP before then.