Registration is Open for Gary Con II!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I just booked my room there yesterday for 4 nights (King room!). I hope I actually get to go!

2. marjasall

marjasall Level 0 Character

My wife and I will be attending. Paid and have confirmation numbers. We're looking forward to it. This will be our first gaming con and I think it will be a good one to start with.

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Alright!! More people from Wisconsin. Welcome to the forums Marjasal.

4. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Semantics aside, describing my fiancee as a "non-gamer" is easier than going on a multi-paragraph description of exactly what kinds of games she will/will not/can/cannot (due to medical limitations) play.

I never thought I needed her permission to come, I just needed to make sure she wanted to go before I went off and pre-registered for her. It's a communication thing; I don't make assumptions.

She likes games, but due to her back injury several years ago, there are few places she can sit comfortably for 3+ hours. She likes watching me game, though, as much as she can, and is very supportive of my hobby; she buys me dice and paints miniatures with me.

5. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

Hey, Luke! I forgot to register; can I still come? If I bring my chariots?

6. marjasall

marjasall Level 0 Character

Thank you! I'm happy to be here! :)

Fortunately we don't live very far from Lake Geneva, so we won't be needing a room. My sister lives in Twin Lakes, so if my wife and I needed a place to crash we have that option also.

(I still can't believe in all these years that I've never been to a game Con)

7. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Mr Kask sir, you do not need to register. You are a VIP and I am happy to have you at Gary Con. I am counting on you to run some killer OD&D and, of course, the Circus Maximus!

You may want to reserve a hotel room before they sell out though- if you want to stay on site.

8. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

Roger, wilco and out.
    Actually, I am fairly confident that I have a place to flop, either with Larry or Frank's friend, gratis. Always the best way, IMNSHO

9. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

GAWD!!! Wish I was famous. :cry:

10. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

You are famous. You're the numuro uno post whore! :lol: ;) I'm working in being number 2. (and here come the number 2 jokes...) :D

11. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

DAMM!!! I'AM FAMOUS!!!! :D :lol:

12. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

And now you know the awful truth; fame ain't all it's cracked up to be.

13. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I found fame this year! At GenCon, Frank Mentzer introduced me as "his friend" during the GenCon auction. My buds sitting next to me jaws nearly hit the floor. One of the guys is from our area but didn't ride with us....he was amazed!

(Plus I got an awesome interview with Frank! My geek gred is now teh awesome!)

14. BishopKLC

BishopKLC Level 0 Character

**Newbie Alert**

Greetings everyone. I am now officially registered for Gary Con II and have my room reserved at the lodge for me and my wife. Got her a badge too, but she is not much of a gamer other than Bejeweled and Zuma. She might just go shopping and/or looking around the area.

Been gaming since 1979 (when I was 14). Played a lot of AD&D, Boot Hill, Gamma World, Champions, Villians and Vigilanties, Top Secret, and Star Trek RPG. My preference is for 1e/2e AD&D, military strategy games like Total War and Korsun Pocket, plus MMOs like World of Warcraft and D&D Online (DDO is now free btw...with micro-transaction options) or multi-player D&D using Neverwinter Nights.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in March to kick it old school.

15. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

Welcome aboard!! You'll have alot of fun at Gary Con! If you don't, you ain't tryin'!! ;)

16. Melf

Welcome Bishop!

You should find AD&D, Boot Hill, Metamorphasis Alpha and some miniatures games at Gary Con II. Chris will have the "Official" event registration form up on the site soon (about a week) if you want to run any events at Gary Con. I haven't played Champions in many moons. I never did master the art of maxing out disadvantages. Some of my buddies had like- severe reaction to aviation fuel 4d6 damage and such.

Look forward to seeing you in March.

17. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Welcome, welcome. I always said Texans are good people. :cool:

18. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

So what does the total number of registrants look like so far?

19. Melf

Just a little over 100 people have pre-registered to this point. There will be an ad in the Crusader magazine in NOV and JAN I believe. That and having the event catalogue up should prod people to pre-register vs. paying at the door. We are still about 6 months out. About 25 rooms are reserved at the hotel as well and both suites are booked. If you have not made reservations, I encourage you to do it soon. The $88 rate is a good deal for the Lodge.

20. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Might I suggest an advertisement in Fight On! magazine? Crusader is excellent, but it is confined to single system and the gamers who play it. Fight On! has more broad appeal to the traditional gaming fan base, IMO. I think it costs $25 for a quarter page ad. Anyway, just a thought. Happy to see things are progressing, Luke. Now I have to book my room...