Gary Con IV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by otto von grunwald, Apr 2, 2011.

1. mark

mark Spellbinder

Oh, yes. A Dragon would be a good addition to the line. :)

2. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

A poster idea for the GC IV auction would contain the Lizardman, Paladin, Wizard and whatever you choose for GC IV. I'd start the bidding at......

Well, you'd just have to wait and see! ;)

3. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

Is a sort of 4 sided dice thing with all the previous GaryCon icons, pictures, posters, portraits, figures, subjects out of the question, impossible, inappropriate?

4. smokin

smokin Chevalier

YES!!! what a great idea. A 4 sider with 4s in each corner, with garycon, dates, symbol & a quote for the sides.

4 for IV

5. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

One GCI-IV logo on each side would be very cool and even better than a coin IMHO (though I'll take both). I was recently pricing out custom dice and this is doable, but I wonder what the final cost would be. Regardless, great idea, Luca.

6. a flannel shirt

a flannel shirt Footpad

A d4 would be very cool. I'd prefer that over a coin. Just a personal preference. A die seems more gaming orientated than a coin. Either way I'd still probably want one. The excitement is building.

The CoC game sounds awesome maker, I will try to get in on that and possibly your marvel game just to see the differences in your style and mine.

My basic D&D dungeon is being play tested this weekend.

March 2012 won't come soon enough!

7. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

This, my friend, is a wonderful idea! I can NOT think of a better one......a logo on each side would be great. I know I'd buy dice like these in a heart beat. (Of course, I'd wonder how large they'd have to be for the logo to be clear enough to be legible.)

EDIT: Left out a word.

8. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

It would have to be large enough to count as a caltrop +2.

9. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

Yhanks ;)

:lol: yes!

If this idea starts a vogue someday we will have the most exclusive dice set ever made... if the box that contain the "GCd4" is properly shaped someday also an amazing dice set container... also very exclusive... highly collectible...

10. smokin

smokin Chevalier

If GC could/would produce a set of dice 4,6,8,10 and dare i say it ...20, ... getting peeps to come would be a snap. Now, what to do for 5,7,9,11-19,21+ ....?

PS/EDIT ... i KNEW i should have picked up a GC coin (d2)

11. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Just play Serenity or some other Cortex based game - they use d2 all the time...

12. iddig ap nil

iddig ap nil Level 0 Character

I ran a basic D&D game on Friday night of GC3, Frank stopped by for a few minutes and signed my books. It was pretty cool.

I'm looking forward to GCIV already as well and am in the planning stages for a couple of games using D6 Adventures (Pulpy games set in the 1930s), and am contemplating running maybe one more game...

13. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

This could probably be the cheapiest way.

14. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

I'm looking into Q-Workshop for some custom dice, but I haven't seen what the price will be.

15. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

LOVE THE DICE IDEA, if it'd be doable.
    That, as the commercial once said, is just, like, "POW to the power of BOOM!"

16. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

This is a great idea Luca! We'll start working on this idea for sure. Thank you!

17. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Arg! That's more money I have to save for next year. ;)

18. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

The coin idea was supposed to be an occassional, special offering from what I understand, so just skip the odd years. I think I could probably wait seven years between GCXIII and GCXX, but could we do percentile at 25 so I can have a full set before I die???

19. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

That is motivation to raise your children as gamers- in the hopes that some day they will complete your Gary Con dice set with the GC 100 percentile die!

20. a flannel shirt

a flannel shirt Footpad

My son (only 3) has his own dice and rolls them when we game. Heck he rolls them all the time. This sounds rather silly but I'm using the dice to teach him math. He is still having a hard time understanding AC but he is trying. lol He will be 4 at GCIV so hopefully he won't want to add the GCIV die to his collection.

I also got my nephew (11) in his first "real" D&D game a week ago. He had a lot of fun and in my 15+ years of gaming I've never (as another player) killed another player's character. He did in his first game. It was some OOC stuff between two other players that spilled over and my nephew picked a side. I let it go for the game but made sure I spoke to everyone after the game that the OOC stuff stops.

The next generation is being prepped.