NFL Football - Who is your Team?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Dale, Aug 28, 2010.

1. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

PATHETIC?!
    I'am old enough to recall a Superbowl that had the two teams in question & if any fans were PATHETIC it was those New England fans, but, once again, time will tell come this Sunday. Maybe someone will have to supply Ghul with the receipe for "Baked Crow"?

:lol: :p
    The Keeper of Wisconsin
    (Get 'em Mark!)

2. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Chiefs !!!! 816 represent !!!

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

With the Metro buried I wonder where Da Bears & Viks will be playing next Monday nite?

Hopefully Chicago!!

4. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Oh, I do remember '86, because I'm no spring chicken, either. That's why I hate Da Bears! It's been a long time since they did the Superbowl Shuffle, and a long time since you had a qb that looked like this: :cool:

5. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

'CHOMP! CHOMP! MUNCH! MUNCH BURRRP!'
    Mmmmmmmm, somebody tell Ghul his receipe for Frozen Tundra Crow is pretty good. :oops:

BUT, there's always the possiblity of the playoffs.

6. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Good thing I have been busy and not able to catch up on the forums. I might have said some embarrassing things about the Bears v Patriots. From what I read it was a thorough thrashing. Very disappointing (from my perspective anyways).

7. Dale

Dale Administrator

The field was awesome- nothing but snow. Too bad the Bears didn't play enough to make it an epic game.

8. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

.....I don't think they showed up!!

9. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Oh they showed up alright. They showed up the way a little brother shows up to meet his big brother behind the shed. After he takes the beating of his life, his mom asks him how he got so bloodied and bruised, and he doesn't want to say a word for fear of getting it worse the next time.

10. smokin

smokin Chevalier

The Bears did look bad...but not as bad as my CHIEFS. It was the second lowest offensive yards gained in francise history (4 yrds shy of the 1963 record). Combine that with over 420 yards given up by the defense, I'm pretty sure it was our worst game ever.

11. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Kansas City Chiefs! We gave you the AFC!

12. mark

mark Spellbinder

The Chicago Bears are the NFC North Division Champions

13. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

We'll find out if the Saints get the NFC South Title on the 27th.

Go Saints! Woooooo!

Of course, they need to pick up their game. That 10-4 is not looking good.

14. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Santa didn't bring me the Event Catalogue, but he did bring the AFC WEST title.
    Thanks Cincinnati. Good job Chiefs.

15. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

The Pats earned the crap talking rights for the game vs the Bears. So I can't fault your post in good conscience. I just hope the Bears get their act together and get a chance to redeem themselves in a Superbowl match up.

16. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Chiefs vs Bears, in the Superbowl! Now that would be fun I think.

17. smokin

smokin Chevalier

"Chiefs vs Bears, in the Superbowl! Now that would be fun I think. "

As much as I love the Chiefs, I'm pretty sure NOBODY thinks they can make it to the big one.
    I'd really like to see the Tony Gonzalez Bowl (KC vs. Atlanta)
    Although they show signs of greatness at times, they are WAY too inconsistant. I'll be cheering for them but my money is on a Patriots/Bears rematch.

18. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Reality check, bitches!

[​IMG]

19. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Go Pack.

20. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Anybody know a man named Toby (he may be from Kansas City) that is heavily involved in The Historical Miniatures Battles Society. He made a game called 'Monday Night FootBrawl' or something like that...he used the miniatures from the old electric game. You know the one, you turn it on and the minis would vibrate around. Well, he painted them up like Chiefs vs. Vikings (they may have come that way, cant remember,put them on a Chiefs welcome mat, developed movement rules and pulled out an old football card game to resolve passing and fieldgoals and penalties and such. We had a blast.
    Sure wish i knew what card game that was. Anybody ?
    My wife saw that I was having so much fun at it that she went out and got me a identical welcome mat. A few years later she asked "wHY ARENT YOU USING YOUR LITLE TOYS WITH THE MAT?. I had to explain that they were not mine but she could go find those toys too to complete the game. Still waiting.
    Last time i saw Toby he was chatting with Duke Siegfried and I didnt want to interrupt, I turned around and lost him.
    Hoping to resurrect this cool game for gridiron fans one day. I figure i have the dice and the mat, its a start.

Hank Stram