Gary Con 2 Event Submission (unofficial)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Totan, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Use this thread to list events that you would like to run at GC2.

List the game system, space needed, max players, time desired per game and number of games you are willing to run per day (until we know how many days GC2 will be). Also list anytihng else that you feel is important and relevant to helping the orgs plan and organize.

P.S. Keeper, your thread inspired this thread, perhaps move/repost here? I had dicussed this idea with Donal last week, but we thought that people wouldn't think about running things for months.

2. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Will do. Always plan ahead, I say. (Was planning events that evening after G.C. 1. What a grognard. :lol: )

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Okay, here are the boardgaming events I would like to host at G.C. 2.
    1) "Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition" tournament. (Currently 12 slots open, more will be made available if demand requires. Novice players welcome.) Host requirements- 4 tables, 12 chairs. Length: 4-6 hours. Rules & instructions before event.
    2) "Wings of War" re-spawning tournament. -Home rules for altitude-. (Currently 12 slots open. One hour in length. Multiple timeslots available. Novice players welcome.) Host requirements- 3 tables, NO CHAIRS! Length: 1 hour time slots, total time depends on number of players. Rules & instructions before event.
    3) "A Game of Thrones, the boardgame" tournament. (Currently 6 slots open.) Host requirements- 1 table, 6 chairs, 4-6 hours.
    4) "Risk:2210" tournament. (Currently 5 slots open, more will be made available if demand requires.) Host requirements- 1 table, 5 chairs. Length: 4-5 hours. Rules & instructios before event.
    5) "Axis & Allies Miniatures" (4 slots available.) Host requirements- 2 tables, 4 chairs. Length: 4 hours. (This one is still in the planning stages.)
    6) "Submarine" (1978 Avalon Hill version) convoy action tournament. (Currently 6 slots available.) Host requirements- 2 tables, 6 chairs. Length: 4 hours.

4. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

I'll probably be running some Harvester's - a critter version of C&C.

But, that all depends on what else is running. I'm more of player than
    a DM! ;)

5. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I will be running a Cyberpunk 2020 event, more details to come. Count on it.

6. forgemeister

forgemeister Footpad

I will most likely bring a Fuzzy Heroes adventure, as we're adding role playing in the second edition. Yes its more wacky than serious, altho rpg-ing does count,. :D

I may also bring the Omaha beach head I ave set up for War PIGs if there's any interest. I have Shermans, 88s, MG42s, and even some amtracks, altho they didn't really use them much at Omaha...

The whole thing covers about 10 X 6 feet tho... so it might use a bit too much space.

I couldn't find Higgins boats - gimme a break. When is the next event planned?

XXOOCC

7. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Chris,

That sounds friggin' awesome! We will have to find space for the D-Day stuff. I will keep you guys posted on the venue for Gary Con II. Lake Geneva doesn't have many mid-size places. I am working on options right now.

Luke

8. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Only a 2 player, but I'll play Alexander the Great against someone if they want. Also willing to lend it out, if you put up a limb or first born for collateral. :D

I'll also have a OD&D + bits of Supp I, II, and III dungeon delve ready to roll.

9. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

1e or 2e AD&D or OED&D and you know I'll be there

10. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Okay, maybe we should think about combining our efforts here. I've got somewhere around 2,000 'A & A' minis, a.k.a. Little PIGs, so if you can use them in your game let me know. Besides, I've got Higgins boats, & 88's & Shermans & Panthers & Tigers, OH MY!! :lol:

11. forgemeister

forgemeister Footpad

whats the mm on them? 20mm? 25mm? if they are 35mm-55mm. they'll work.. if not, I can fudge the ranges a bit, but the beachhead will become the white cliffs of Dover, I fear...

Let me know. As Spock qwould say.. There are always... possibilities.

XXOOCC

12. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

15mm-ish. If your going to be at Gaming Hoopla I can drag some with, or I can stop by one of these weekends & we can check it out.

13. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

No votes yet for "Wings of War?" Word must of gotten out about that terror of the skies, Baron Von Deekin. He's ruthless :!:

14. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

Will bring Circus Maximus and chariot minis. Two tables, no chairs, lots of clearance around table.

Will create a new adventure exclusively for Gary Con II as per last one. Will donate signed, limited edition (5 or less) #1 of ? copy to be auctioned to help defray costs. Will run two groups of 12 for 4 to 5 hour adventure using pre-gen characters. Will need at least two tables and 14 chairs.

15. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

I have an adventure I’ve been sitting on for as while that I wrote to DM for Gary and some of his regular Thursday night group. Gary had invited me to Lake Geneva to DM an adventure for his 9th level magic-user Nigby. The adventure is 1E, Greyhawk, in the 8th – 12th level range.
    Unfortunately, I never got the chance to run the adventure for Gary, but GaryCon seems like an appropriate setting. If I can mange the scheduling and can get some interested players I’d like to run it.

16. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

As always, I'll bring along some AD&D, in the way-unlikely case I'd find a lull to run it in.

17. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

I just picked up the Wings of War WWI version and it looks like a lot of fun!! I think I'll try it out on my kids and see if I can bring them down in flames!! :twisted:

The minis they have for the game are pretty darn cool looking too!!

18. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

I remember reading about it and I know Gary was looking forward to it - too bad it just never came about! But, I wouldn't mind giving it a ride at Gary Con!!

19. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

Thanks for the interest Deogolf. I've been a bit of a con slacker the past few years. I am definitely going to try to make it to GaryCon II.

20. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

ScottyG- you should not have a problem finding AD&D players at Gary Con. It is an old school group for the most part. Hope you make it to Gary Con II.

Luke